Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Ever since Columbine, Active Shooter training has always been to go in and go stop the shooter. First it was the 4-man diamond, now it's go solo if you are the first on scene. This is pretty basic cop shit. Standing around waiting for SWAT is the cluster that was Columbine. This just is wrong on all levels.

An associate sent me this. Seems fitting.

abcnt-seppuku.jpg
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Not disappointed or disgusted.

Just angry.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy04 View Post
    Imagine having rifles, body armor, kit, training, and backup…

…and choosing to wait outside…

Like disgraced samurai… should resign and move
    In feudal Japan, a samurai who acted with this level of cowardice wouldn't be allowed the honor of seppuku. He would be executed like a common criminal, along with his entire family line as an example. I find this to be completely acceptable and quite appropriate in this situation. This level of cowardice goes far beyond the pale.

I'm afraid the mentality we witnessed here and at Parkland has become the rule, rather than the exception in police work in the US. I don't know if it's truly because of orders from on high, or if it's just general thinking in this society that each individual's self-interest trumps all other considerations, but it is a perfect picture of what the hell is wrong here. I'm utterly disgusted and infuriated.

“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.” - W.S.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

I disobeyed orders in my time there. There is a high art to insubordination. I was a master of that art. I knew how to disable my radio, misinterpret orders, or simply not hear it. I kept a dead battery to be deployed JIC. I was always blameless because my "excuse" was believable and at worst, the subsequent IA investigations were "not sustained"...meaning they could not prove things one way or the other. My highest achievements using those methods were pursuing the three home invaders into the Jungle and getting in a big gunfight with them in the Parker Center parking lot, and my entire team letting a fearful Sgt think he was still in control and then executing a Hostage Rescue right under his liability averse nose.

Judging by my view of modern LE...there are very few guys with this knowledge intact. Had I been there, had my guys been with me or not, I would never have waited for clearance or approval or anything. Hell...if we had a pussy for a supervisor my radio may have been smashed against a brick wall as I deployed...making it impossible to call me back. Some would say that I would not have been able to call for help...I would reply...when Cortez landed in Mexico he burned his ships. Few would get the meaning of the analogy. Sad times.

Apparently Border Patrol doesn't go to same academy as the rest of the police.
    Gabriel Suarez

Huh... who woulda thought we'd find a place where the suicidal CT guys would be the preferred ones to respond... and in Texas no less.....
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

How come I am not surprised???
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    and in Texas no less.....
    What does that mean ? Texas is nothing special as evidenced by these 'fearless Texas lawmen' arresting and tazing parents while in full combat /tactical gear costume; no different from the cowardly cunts in Broward county during the Parkland school shooting....

Very familiar with the Cortez analogy. “Now you have no choice but to go forward.”

I’m at a loss for what to think. As Papa said, angry.

This just proves the point Gabe has made many times over the years. YOU are the counter terrorist, nobody is coming to help you. You will either have the skill and the balls, or you wont. And you will run what you brung. Bring a fighting sized pistol with you everywhere you can.

Next discussion will involve methods to bypass LE barricades. I expect that if all the parents decided to act as one...
    Gabriel Suarez