Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
    “Nobody trusts anyone, or why did they put tilt on a pinball machine.”
    Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Even in good areas it won't take much for the cops to be seen as just another variable to be managed by those who would normally support them.
    I think this is already the case, in the minds of many people. The police are seen as an obstacle on a good day...but more and more, as hostiles. And that's in the eyes of people who are supportive.

What's needed is a public disavowal. Back in the days when we won wars, troops who displayed cowardice in the face of the enemy could expect to be shot. Or at least turned out of the service, in disgrace, and publicly. Stood at attention, stripped of every bit of military insignia, including buttons, and marched out at bayonet-point.

I recall a radio call of a man with a gun. My FTO and I were going to take it but someone else took the call. Apparently on arrival, the suspect suck started his 12 ga.

The officer that took the call started screaming on the radio. My FTO looked at me and said, "You better not ever sound like a bitch on the radio...like that guy". When we arrived at HQ on an unrelated matter the officer in question was in the report room sitting by himself crying. My FTO walks up slaps the back of his head and says, "You are just a big pussy aren't you?"

Yup...cowardice or weakness was not something tolerated.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I recall a radio call of a man with a gun. My FTO and I were going to take it but someone else took the call. Apparently on arrival, the suspect suck started his 12 ga.

The officer that took the call started screaming on the radio. My FTO looked at me and said, "You better not ever sound like a bitch on the radio...like that guy". When we arrived at HQ on an unrelated matter the officer in question was in the report room sitting by himself crying. My FTO walks up slaps the back of his head and says, "You are just a big pussy aren't you?"

Yup...cowardice or weakness was not something tolerated.
    Hell the suspect did everyone a favor! The officer must not be a hunter or have seen blood/brains/guts. He should be secretly high-fiveing.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"