Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DEFINITIONS OF STREET LANGUAGE

Kipling wrote -"If you can walk with kings nor lose the common touch". When my son asked about that I told him that it meant to be able to quote Shakespere and Samuel L Jackson in the same sentence. A man that is articulate is an asset and a statement of his command of language. But a man that can communicate with a king, or a guttersnipe...and in their own language...that is a man with a brain and a heart indeed.

So...

Yo homie. Time to learn some shit. The thug culture is strong in America. In truth, America is the land of the outlaw. It wasn't a group of Boy Scouts that conquered the west...nor Mexico. It was ruffians, outlaws and pirates that did that. Everyone knows Jesse James...but very few know Bob Ford his assassin. When I worked the Gang Unit...something I was eminently suited for and which I loved.. I learned to communicate with the thug in the language he understood.

So...let's get our street language cooking...and I invite former door kickers, trigger pullers, and investigators involved.

Road Dog - From the outlaw biker world - A homie you put in work with. "Yo I trust that homie with my life he use to be my road dog."

Putting in Work - Committing scandalous shit with your road dogs and homies. "Yo dog...we finna put some work in tonight".

Lets continue.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Gabriel Suarez

Working in a Detroit ER one night, we had a gentleman that had sustained a gunshot wound to his leg. The attending physician was from Nigeria. He walked into the module and asked, "What happened to you?"

The young man replied, "Yo man! I was strollin’ through the ‘hood, mindin’ my own bidness, when this hoopty rolls up on the set and these motha fuckas start bustin’ caps! I was breakin’ wide when I felt somethin’ hit me. I dove behind my boy’s crib ‘til five-o pulled up!"

The Nigerian doctor, looked from the young, African-American man and asked me, "What did he just say?"
    So, I had to explain to him that the man was out for a walk when a car full of miscreants drove by and started shooting at him. So, he ran and hid near a friend's house until the police arrived. The doctor just shook his head, marked something on his chart, and walked away. I looked over at the patient and said, "Did you see that? I had to tell HIM, what YOU said!"

"Yeah man, that's f--ked up."

To 'slide up on someone'- Im finna ta slide up on yo ass- to get jumped, usually a serious ass beating.

A 'blic'- 'he let me in with a blic.' A newish popular way of referring to your Glock. Glocks are plastic, Bic lighters are plastic... hence 'Blic'.

Rollin smoke, to 'have no smoke'- he aint got no smoke, or simply 'no smoke'. Means you wont fight.

Here's some Memphis street talk.

Nina- 9mm
    Chopper- AK47
    Unit- gun
    Served- attack
    Murked- murdered

"Bruh, we saw them fools comin' out the shake junt, let the choppa talk. Murked they trick asses."

"You lucky he ain't have a unit on him, he woulda served yo ass."
    Last edited by bigbluedodge03; 05-19-2022 at 05:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Homie - someone who is a friend or a member of your gang.

"Yo dog, don't dis my homie o he bust a cap in yo ass"

Cellie - your cell mate inside.

Gat - Pistol

Strapped - Carrying a pistol

Uzi - anything bigger than a pistol

Ho - a woman

Strawberry - a woman that will have sex for dope

Freak - woman that will have sex with anyone for anything
    Gabriel Suarez

Front- to lend
    Blades- large chrome wheels
    Fresh- a nice item
    Whack- not a nice item
    Snowbunny- white girl
    White girl- cocaine
    Dro, kush, cabbage- good marijuana
    Schwag, babbage, bobby brown- bad marijuana
    Blood, cuz, playa, pimp, my guy- friend
    Posted up- hanging out in a place for awhile

“He posted up at Chelsea and Hollywood in that box Chevy thang on blades”

Scrilla = cash money
    Crispy = $100 bill
    Stack = $1,000: 10 x $100 bills
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

Pipehitter: among the tacticool crowd, tough men who break kneecaps with lead pipes. On the street, a crack addict. The confusion comes from sheltered folk trying to be cool and copying Tarantino movies. Don't be that guy.

cuz, blood: homie, friend, running-buddy. But using the wrong one for the color preferences of your audience can get you whacked.

Trece: 13, for the thirteenth letter, "M". Associated to the Surenos, and at one time to the Mexican Mafia. Absolutely not to be confused with the Nortenos. They prefer 14, for "N", "Nuestra familia".

Which isn't to be confused with "14 words": "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." That goes with...

88: HH, aka Heil Hitler, with the obvious ties.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

From some of the hard old school guys circa 1970s.

Freebie , also Paid for- some one who has behaved such that they may be legally killed. For example, he is a freebie, he is paid for.