Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My videos

Quote Originally Posted by SEANSTRAIT View Post
    Low kicks (thinking calf to rib height) and how you personally apply them in a fight.

Neck, collar bone, throat strikes.

Flexibility work for the men in their 50s and 60s specifically for kicking.

Happy to pay for these.
    Ok.

Some of this stuff might be better accomplished in a Zoom class format.

There are some things I am willing to teach in a class but not necessarily make public on video. Some of the stuff applies to the above.

How many would be interested in this? The scamdemic provided me with a lot of experience teaching classes via Zoom, so it would be a good presentation and also allows for questions that YouTube vids don’t.

It would be pacific time, probably on a Friday evening. 90 min give or take.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Ok.

There are some things I am willing to teach in a class but not necessarily make public on video. Some of the stuff applies to the above.

How many would be interested in this? The scamdemic provided me with a lot of experience teaching classes via Zoom, so it would be a good presentation and also allows for questions that YouTube vids don’t.

Definitely me. My schedule has eased up a bit since school ended, so with some decent advance notice, I'd likely be in. All of the above are things I am definitely interested in and would be helpful in the fight work I've been doing (inconsistently) with the lady.

What kind of topics do you guys want to see?

-The fundamental basics that can be practiced everyday along with the katas.

-Power Generation

-Cultivation of the combat mindset

As for Zoom, we'd be interested here. Working on a good AV and space solution for Zoom training.

Thanks for posting videos, it's the next best thing to actually training with you. And will gladly pay for more content/training.

Thanks for the suggestions. Please keep them coming.
    I will set up a zoom class very soon.

in the meantime…

Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes:

Ok.

Im in
    Life is dangerous, be dangerouser

Throwing without muscle.

Honestly this one is really easy. But the hard part, and it’s VERY difficult for those who are strong and used to making things happen with muscle, is that it doesn’t work if you force it (unless of course you are much, much stronger than the other guy, in which case it really doesn’t matter what you do).

I’m not saying strength is not a good thing. Strength is a VERY good thing, one of the most important in fact.

I AM saying that for some things, muscling a fighting movement doesn’t work. We already know that when it comes to shooting a rifle, but forget when things go hands on.

Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes:

I watched your elbow strike video earlier today before I saw it posted here.

Bread crumbs like that are much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post
    -Power Generation
    That's what I was going to say.

Throwing without muscle.

Honestly this one is really easy. But the hard part, and itís VERY difficult for those who are strong and used to making things happen with muscle, is that it doesnít work if you force it

Thanks for the great videos. Straight forward explanation/demonstration, now to internalize it and be able to apply it...

Compensating technique with strength can work in the short term but has consequences like inflicting self or partner injuries and overall loss of effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post
    Thanks for the great videos. Straight forward explanation/demonstration, now to internalize it and be able to apply it...

Compensating technique with strength can work in the short term but has consequences like inflicting self or partner injuries and overall loss of effectiveness.

You're very welcome.

Strength is always a good thing and more is always better, for everything. And a base level of strength is necessary for anything to do with fighting. But some techniques work better when they aren't muscled. Muscled techniques work great...right up until they don't. Of course, one can say that about any technique, but I find it's a lot easier to have my way when the opponent doesn't feel what I'm doing until it's too late.

I've had lots of guys that are a lot bigger than me try to muscle me down...it tends not to work.

Things that work on everyone - stuff you don't see or feel coming.
    Brent Yamamoto

Upcoming classes: