Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I seeZERO reason to target the pelvis when the face is showing. And unless he is wagging his worn from behind cover, if you can see the pelvis you can see the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Only reason to target the pelvis is when nothing better is available.

I can imagine circumstances where the pelvis is the best available in that second due to circumstances. Otherwise…lack of skill/confidence in the moment to hit a smaller target. It’s our responsibility to ensure the latter is never the case.
    Indeed. It would be situationally dependent like the bad guy is taking cover behind a semi trailer and doesn't realize his lower half is exposed or the environment only gives you that kinda angle. Or some sorta war situation where you wanna put a 50 bmg through the enemies hips to sow terror in the rest of the squad or something. lol.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Indeed. It would be situationally dependent like the bad guy is taking cover behind a semi trailer and doesn't realize his lower half is exposed or the environment only gives you that kinda angle. Or some sorta war situation where you wanna put a 50 bmg through the enemies hips to sow terror in the rest of the squad or something. lol.
    Or you get a little excited on the draw and stitch the BG on the way up to the face.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:25

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Or you get a little excited on the draw and stitch the BG on the way up to the face.

Gotta love the zipper...
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    Gotta love the zipper...

Problem with the Zipper is the presence of armor and or an chest worn IED. Perhaps it is best to remain calm and be surgically accurate
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The Zipper makes an "Oops" into tactical lemonade.

Yeah, I meant to do that.

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

Vale et omnia quae.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Problem with the Zipper is the presence of armor and or an chest worn IED. Perhaps it is best to remain calm and be surgically accurate
    In Howard Wasdin's book SEAL Team 6, he said during the battle of mogadishu he tried to use unsighted fire to hit an AK 47 weilding skinny. He missed and the skinny fired and blew apart Wasdins tibia.. he then remembered John Shaw telling him at Mid South to take the extra half second and line the sights up. Wasdin remembered that and head shot the skinny stopping him. He said he wishes he had taken that half a secojd in the first place and if he had done that he wouldn't have had his tibia shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Popshot View Post
    A young man at the store in Buffalo did move quickly when shots were fired.
    He ran so fast that he ran out of his shoes --- wait for it --- he was wearing cheesy flip flops.

Lesson: flip flops are for the shower or swimming pool, not for the streets where evil lurks.

Article from Fox News, May 16, 2022

Buffalo shooting survivor recounts harrowing escape after witnessing start of 'hate'-fueled attack

Taisiah Stewshootart, 20, who recently moved to New York state from Georgia to live with his mother, said he sprinted nearly three-quarters of a mile to safety after witnessing the first woman struck near the store’s front window – leaving behind his phone and losing his shoes in the process.

He told Fox News Digital that he visited the Tops Friendly Market Saturday because he’d recently met a young woman nearby. He was near the front of the store, close to the security guard and former Buffalo Police Officer Aaron Salter Jr., when gunfire erupted.

"So I just get up and start running when I see her fall, and I run straight to the back, found the exit in the back," Stewart said. "Really I found the freezer first, doubled back, turned around, then went to the exit."
    Losing his sandals in the panic, he ran nearly three-quarters of a mile to Best Street barefoot, he said.

My understanding is Salter, retired Buffalo cop with an OIS under his belt shot the perp but hit him in the body armor and was murdered himself. RIP Officer Salter

Quote Originally Posted by Francisp View Post
    My understanding is Salter, retired Buffalo cop with an OIS under his belt shot the perp but hit him in the body armor and was murdered himself. RIP Officer Salter
    What a damned shame.

Thus endeth the lesson.
    Last edited by Papa; 06-02-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Vale et omnia quae.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    What damned shame.

Thus endeth the lesson.

Indeed. And the lesson is

THE FACE

THE FACE

SHOOT HIM IN HIS FUCKING FACE!!!
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995