Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anabolic Ice Cream

Has anyone tried Anabolic Ice Cream?

I only learned of it yesterday while watching YouTube videos.

There are multiple recipes on YouTube, but they generally read something like this:

Half-cup of water, or a couple of handfuls of ice, or 100 grams of ice, or 1 or 2 cups of non-sweetened Almond Milk

1 scoop of your preferred protein powder

1/2 teaspoon or 1 teaspoon (or more) of Guar Gum powder or Xanthan Gum powder (unless it upsets your stomach)

1 tablespoon (or less) of non-sweetened cocoa

150-250 grams of frozen strawberries (if you don't use ice then they become more important)

Optional - 35 grams Blueberries or a banana

Optional - Stevia Sweetener (I think some were adding 1 tablespoon or less)

Optional - partial package of fat-free, sugar-free, Chocolate Jello Instant Pudding

Optional - Non-Fat, Non-Sweetened, Greek Yogurt.

Then mix it in a Ninja Blender for about 5 minutes, or a Vitamix Blender for about a minute while using the tamper. Regular blenders won't mix it correctly and might self-destruct.

Sorry for the messy recipe. It is hard to nail down with so many variations and youtuber's who don't describe in detail.
    Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 05-13-2022 at 06:27 PM.

I found another variation. This is not hard on the eyes or ears like some of the other videos, but the downside is it looks more like a milk shake.

I gave it a try with this variation of the recipe:

1 cup almond milk - 30 cal
    150 grams frozen strawberries - 53 calories
    2 tablespoons Chocolate Jello Instant Pudding, non-fat, non-sugar - 74 calories
    1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum - 5 calories
    1 scoop garden of Life Chocolate Cacao Raw Protein powder - 130 calories
    100 grams ice

Total:
    292 calories
    38g carbs
    5g fat
    25g protein

It seemed more like a cold pudding than ice cream, but close enough for a first try. Tasted very good even without any extra sweeteners added.

Anabolic Ice Cream.jpg

I think I stepped in it a few times. Just joking, it looks interesting.
    I am in a sunny place full of shady people

Looks interesting but non-fat is the devil, we don’t eat any non-fat anything. Seems the flavor and consistency would be much, much better using full fat ingredients.

I don't find much value in these substitutes for the real thing (same goes for all the various 'keto' donuts, 'paleo' cupcakes or whatever). It's like a vegan eating fake meat.

When I am maintaining my normal mostly paleo eating combined with consistent lifting, I can occasionally splurge on real ice cream or whatever else if I feel the urge, with little, if any negative effects. Seems much more satisfying in the long run, as long as you don't make a habit of it. It's all about self discipline.

Not knocking the recipe though, it does look good. I have tried many of these, because my daughter owns a coffee/shop bakery next-door to a gym, so she is always experimenting with new offerings to appeal to the customers that come over.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
    I found another variation. This is not hard on the eyes or ears like some of the other videos, but the downside is it looks more like a milk shake.

Much easier if you hit the mute icon.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
    Looks interesting but non-fat is the devil, we don’t eat any non-fat anything. Seems the flavor and consistency would be much, much better using full fat ingredients.
    Yeah. Learned that much at least over the years. More fat, less carbs.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

I am unable to find a recipe with increased fat, but I think it would be alright to substitute the Almond Milk with Whole Milk or Half-and-Half, and add Yogurt, Cream, or Butter.
    Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 05-14-2022 at 10:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Where is the recipe with tren?
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities