Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TIME TO BE HARSH

FUCKINGMOVE.jpg

That is YOU. Walking to your car. You weren't in condition orange because you have been working extra hours to make up for the economical horse fuckery caused by the communist in chief.

You look up at a car that double parks. You had seen it driving your way but your thoughts are on your sodomized 401(k). Then the driver gets out and he has a rifle in his hands.

Your brain goes into combat mode.

You have been to all the training and carrying your hyper accurate blaster.

Your brain says, "Fucking Move!"

But you forgot the extra 50 pounds you are carrying on your belly (just in case you get called in as an extra to the show "Alone").

You try to move but damn it you are too fucking fat to move quickly enough.

What do you think? Would you save the day and get the Suarez Medal of Valor?

Or would you die in a puddle of your own blood in the parking lot because you were not able to move fast enough.

BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF

And if the answer is the latter...my question would be why in everything that is holy have you not done anything about it?
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I might trip and fall on my face in the course of trying to bust off the X and getting tangled up in the adrenaline rush, but at least I can bust my body sideways to avoid getting shot. Then as fast as I can, I'm getting my blaster on target and punching as many holes in the guy as I can. Face shots, as many as I can.

I may not be the fittest, baddest fighter out there, but to heck with a spare tire and dying in my own blood. If he gets me, well, that's God saying it was time for me to go Home with Him. But I'll sure as heck use the fingers He prepared for battle, for He my strong tower, shield, and refuge—and He gave me long legs and a gun. And you can sure as hell bet I'm going to stick myself in front of my less-attentive wife, if I have to (slowly building her into a shield maiden, to the extent I'm able).

Does the Suarez Medal of Valor come with a device for brutality?
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

I'm not fat buy any stretch, but I have been working more and working out less.

I will say this. If you jiggle when you move...you have work to do. And it begins with what you lift...lift into your mouth!
    Gabriel Suarez

I have to think that if one person in that store (even unarmed) took initiative to try and tackle him it would have given the store security guard a few extra seconds to take a shot or more men to pile on. If your in a situation where you are likely to die, at least try something.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    - H.L. Mencken

Not gonna lie, a little over 5 years ago I could barely see the tip when I stood up straight to piss. I am 5'8" and was 215 (headed to 220) and still thought I was 18. Decided I was done being a fat guy and started working out and only eating meat, vegetables, and fruit. Got down to 185 pretty quick and was feeling pretty good.

Then, after over a year of that, I thought I had a spider bite on my leg from sitting in the bleachers at my son's baseball game. Went to the hospital to find out my BP was 170/112 and after some testing, that I was in Stage 4 kidney failure; which put me on the transplant list. No idea where it came from as I don't have any family history, Type 2 DM, Heart disease, IV drug use, alcoholism or use massive amounts of Ibuprofen.

Talk about humbling...

Now, 4 years on after a transplant, consistent eating right, TRT, and consistent workouts of many variations, I'm not gonna be the fat guy who wins the gunfight in a pile of empty brass only to die of a heart attack before the cops even get there.

I'm hovering at 180 pounds; and even though I have the occasional dessert (or two) during the week, I feel as good as when I was in my 20's and I maintain my weight, by not stuffing my cake hatch with as much bullshit as possible.

I'm trying to make organ failure (far in the future) my primary cause of death so I can be ready to fight the random fuckstick with the rifle showing up randomly; minus any jiggly bouncing as I get off the X.
    Masters in Warfare -- OEF Class of 2002-2003, 2006-2007
    Majors: Offensive Terminal Ballistics and Overseas Bovine Scatology

"Fighting (of any kind) is just high level problem solving with dire physical consequences ."
    Joe Rogan

Maestro,

This, (and even more), is the level of brutal honesty that NEEDS to be delivered to the CCW/Law Enforcement/Armed Security community.

I was teaching an armed security State requal class all day today. First thing we discussed was that “qualification” is almost never “training.”

It is simply an incredibly forgiving window into how “good” you were (under perfect conditions) when you went to bed the night before. If you SUCK on your first stage, then you failed. As in “died first.”

That is all, full stop.

But then we talked about how even at a structured “qualification,” you can create your own training scenarios for every rep, every stage.

Don’t just look at a garbage B27 silhouette that you have to put 6 rounds anywhere in the scoring rings in 10 seconds.

On every stage; SEE, SMELL, HEAR, and KNOW a real and different adversary who wants to kill you. DECIDE that you will draw with speed and shoot with precision to save yours or another innocent life.

To not just survive, but to DOMINATE.

Then, when the mandated par-time ends as indicated by the Pact-timer’s beep, CELEBRATE your victory.

A certain former Russian Spetznaz dude I trained with (after you gave him some training) told me long ago to find the training opportunity in the most mundane moments.

And then we talked about the risk-averse, beta-boi “Mustache-Whales” that have infested the rank and file of those “armed professionals” I mentioned above.

See THEM for what they are: Morale-patched, self-powered, meat-encased, distraction devices. (Who might even provide some cover/concealment in their last feeble moments.)

While they pose and posture and pontificate, ACT.

DECISIVELY and with finality.

This is the Way.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Complete Pistol Gunfighter
    Force on Force
    Killing within the Law
    Pistol Groundfighting

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman View Post
    Not gonna lie, a little over 5 years ago I could barely see the tip when I stood up straight to piss. I am 5'8" and was 215 (headed to 220) and still thought I was 18. Decided I was done being a fat guy and started working out and only eating meat, vegetables, and fruit. Got down to 185 pretty quick and was feeling pretty good.

Then, after over a year of that, I thought I had a spider bite on my leg from sitting in the bleachers at my son's baseball game. Went to the hospital to find out my BP was 170/112 and after some testing, that I was in Stage 4 kidney failure; which put me on the transplant list. No idea where it came from as I don't have any family history, Type 2 DM, Heart disease, IV drug use, alcoholism or use massive amounts of Ibuprofen.

Talk about humbling...

Now, 4 years on after a transplant, consistent eating right, TRT, and consistent workouts of many variations, I'm not gonna be the fat guy who wins the gunfight in a pile of empty brass only to die of a heart attack before the cops even get there.

I'm hovering at 180 pounds; and even though I have the occasional dessert (or two) during the week, I feel as good as when I was in my 20's and I maintain my weight, by not stuffing my cake hatch with as much bullshit as possible.

I'm trying to make organ failure (far in the future) my primary cause of death so I can be ready to fight the random fuckstick with the rifle showing up randomly; minus any jiggly bouncing as I get off the X.

EXCELLENT!!
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Innocenti View Post
    Maestro,

This, (and even more), is the level of brutal honesty that NEEDS to be delivered to the CCW/Law Enforcement/Armed Security community.

I was teaching an armed security State requal class all day today. First thing we discussed was that “qualification” is almost never “training.”

It is simply an incredibly forgiving window into how “good” you were (under perfect conditions) when you went to bed the night before. If you SUCK on your first stage, then you failed. As in “died first.”

That is all, full stop.

But then we talked about how even at a structured “qualification,” you can create your own training scenarios for every rep, every stage.

Don’t just look at a garbage B27 silhouette that you have to put 6 rounds anywhere in the scoring rings in 10 seconds.

On every stage; SEE, SMELL, HEAR, and KNOW a real and different adversary who wants to kill you. DECIDE that you will draw with speed and shoot with precision to save yours or another innocent life.

To not just survive, but to DOMINATE.

Then, when the mandated par-time ends as indicated by the Pact-timer’s beep, CELEBRATE your victory.

A certain former Russian Spetznaz dude I trained with (after you gave him some training) told me long ago to find the training opportunity in the most mundane moments.

And then we talked about the risk-averse, beta-boi “Mustache-Whales” that have infested the rank and file of those “armed professionals” I mentioned above.

See THEM for what they are: Morale-patched, self-powered, meat-encased, distraction devices. (Who might even provide some cover/concealment in their last feeble moments.)

While they pose and posture and pontificate, ACT.

DECISIVELY and with finality.

This is the Way.
    Perfettamente detto

I recall sitting in briefing often hearing about "gunfight survival". I recall also one of my fir training officers...a giant dude that was a former SEAL asking what I thought of the briefing. I told him it was bullshit. He asked why. I told him that when (not if) I got into a gunfight I would not "survive it", I would win it decisively and with style. Attitude first...but your body has to be able to cash the check your mind set and attitude writes.
    Gabriel Suarez