Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Lincoln Lawyer and Bosch Legacy

"The Lincoln Lawyer" on Netflix is based on Michael Connelly's novels. If you liked Bosch, this show will probably be another winner. It is not the poorly written stuff that is typically on TV.

Also, the Bosch followup show, "Bosch:Legacy" is on Amazon Prime and it looks like it is also free on Amazon Freevee.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81303831

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Legacy-...dp/B09PQKKS8F/

Bosch Legacy, the continuing stories of the investigator's life after leaving the police department. Good stuff. New episodes on Fridays.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

I want a show where a guy that has money to burn and an angry agenda hires a bunch of ex-killers that have lived action filled lives of death and danger - and have nothing more pressing to do while they are here - to go out and eliminate communists in artistic and expressive ways. The kind of show that the cartel guys and ISIS would watch to get ideas. I am willing to do consulting on that...and some of my road dogs would too.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I want a show where a guy that has money to burn and an angry agenda hires a bunch of ex-killers that have lived action filled lives of death and danger - and have nothing more pressing to do while they are here - to go out and eliminate communists in artistic and expressive ways. The kind of show that the cartel guys and ISIS would watch to get ideas. I am willing to do consulting on that...and some of my road dogs would too.
    THIS!

Sort of engaging in Brad Thor-esque plots and characters, but with a LOT more dark, gallows humor.

And make the team a bunch of older, mature bad-ass dudes, in their late 40’s through late 60’s. With a LOT of life experience from heroically good decisions and epically bad ones as well.

And the Team are ALL unabashedly “old school,” masculine, fit, American V8 or vintage European sport car driving, SI Glock and ivory-gripped 1911 carrying, hard rock and country-listening, cowboy boot wearing, whiskey-drinking, red-meat eating AMERICANS.

I did a thread called “Vintage Man” a few years ago. It would be those kind of guys, but set in the modern world.

Gosh, I wonder who could possibly be cast in these roles?
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Complete Pistol Gunfighter
    Force on Force
    Killing within the Law
    Pistol Groundfighting

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Innocenti View Post
    THIS!

Sort of engaging in Brad Thor-esque plots and characters, but with a LOT more dark, gallows humor.

And make the team a bunch of older, mature bad-ass dudes, in their late 40’s through late 60’s. With a LOT of life experience from heroically good decisions and epically bad ones as well.

And the Team are ALL unabashedly “old school,” masculine, fit, American V8 or vintage European sport car driving, SI Glock and ivory-gripped 1911 carrying, hard rock and country-listening, cowboy boot wearing, whiskey-drinking, red-meat eating AMERICANS.

I did a thread called “Vintage Man” a few years ago. It would be those kind of guys, but set in the modern world.

Marco, after reading this, I'm envisioning The Expendables, but with realistic scenes and story lines...
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Vintage Man...yeah. We have a long haired dope cop from the Bay Area, a former US Mil Pol with so many broken bones even the doc stopped counting, a couple of NYPD types with "Justified" tattooed across their pecs, a couple of SoCal trigger pullers...one a Dope cop the other a Gang Cop, and a Livestock cop just for interest. All killers with at least a half dozen skulls stacked up. All martial arts guys, shooters, men of action and danger. Some drink, some chase pussy, and a couple (my character would not be this guys) read the bible on their off time.

They are brought together by a Bill Gates type guy whose fam was devastated by terrorists and whom the Dot Gov told to get over it. Well...he is...he hired this new Dirty Dozen to take care of the issue and then to take care of every other swinging issue that pops up.

"Now I'm a soldier of fortune, I'm a dog of war
    And we don't give a damn who the killing is for

Yeah it's the same old story with a different name
    Death or glory, it's the killing game

Gonna ride across the river deep and wide
    Ride across the river to the other side"

Yes...its just a thread...just a fantasy...

...but if there is a Bill Gates out there looking for this sort of thing...I may know some guys that I can put you in touch with....

THIS!

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

A Dire Straits reference, excellent touch.

Wye aye.

THIS!

I remember that thread.

Load and make ready....
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:25

The 'Narcos' series on Netflix are fucking awesome. The 'Mexico' and 'Chapo' ones are my favorites.

Plus, if you speak or want to learn spanish, these are great Language Study series that isnt something juvenile like El Chavo del Ocho.

And, as a retired cop who hates most cop shows, Bosch was exceptional.

Yeah it still has some overly-dramatic Hollywood stuff, but the way it portrayed the different types of cop/detective personalities, their relationships, and they internal department politics was really well done…

Titus Welliver’s Bosch character and supporting cast really do a great job conveying the nobility of the Profession.

Overall one of the most realistic cop shows ever on TV, and maybe my favorite. Right up there with the Wire.

I ended making “Facebook friends” with the actors who play “Crate and Barrel.” (Before my FB account was hacked and then suspended for 30 days…) Seemed like decent guys. Gregory Cummins, who played “Crate,” especially. Very Pro-LE, with a few family members in the business.

But I still think the greatest “cop show” ever was Miami Vice.

Maybe it’s because I went to high school and my first couple years of college in the 80’s, and the show defined the entire decade; fashion, music, attitude, even riffed pretty well on U.S. Foreign Policy of the time and the effects at home. Plus all the actors who played villains: G. Gordon Liddy, Gene Simmons, Frank Zappa, Dennis Farina, etc.

Other than my Dad being a cop, Miami Vice was the final nudge that sent me to the Academy.

(Honorable mentions to “Hill Street Blues” and “Barney Miller” as well.)

And Double-Plus bonus points for the Dire Straits reference as well. “Ride Across the River” is one of my favorite Dire Straits songs. (Was also used in a Miami Vice episode. Along with “Brothers in Arms.” See? Best cop show ever.)
    Last edited by Marco Innocenti; 05-19-2022 at 09:55 AM.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Complete Pistol Gunfighter
    Force on Force
    Killing within the Law
    Pistol Groundfighting