Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Excellent video Gabe and Brent.

The first time I taught the baby steps of this , it was for the sole purpose of clearing the backstop in a crowded courtroom ( put the rounds through the perp and into the ceiling )

It was an ah-ha moment for the folks assigned there for high risk trials . Between that and not anchoring yurself to a position ( movement is life, even in a courtroom). A lot of lessons were learned. The team guys understood it at a deeper level but horizontal was still emphasized over vertical.

This kata is some thing can show to develop equal comfort in both horizontal and vertical planes.

Oh and if you solve a problem using vertical displacement at an IDPA match, expect the RO to shit pink Twinkieís ( the rounds were still contained by the high berm, but missed the no shoot behind the shoot targets). Apparently I was supposed to spend twice the time on the horizontal plane solving the problem.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    "...movement is life, even in a courtroom..." Got me smilin' with that one.

...Oh and if you solve a problem using vertical displacement at an IDPA match, expect the RO to shit pink Twinkies .
    And this one.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

And you know...if you like the free video clip...buy the download version of the complete video and show me that it is worthwhile to keep producing these. Sometimes I wonder....
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

This thread has over 700 views. How many of them bought the video?
    Gabriel Suarez

Me, two years ago. I still use it. Like the recent Kindle release, donít stop making this stuff available. Itís worth the $ to me.

And, for me, I prefer physical ownership, like a DVD, to an online repository. Especially for video content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    It is frustrating.

Back in the day I would have killed to get access to this kind of knowledge.

Over the years I have spent more time and money on training than I can even recall. DVDs, books, seminars…it’s taken years and a small fortune to get where we are. And to summarize those years of experience and training into a video for only a few $…

Too much work I suppose to get some priceless knowledge for a few bucks.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post
    Me, two years ago. I still use it. Like the recent Kindle release, don’t stop making this stuff available. It’s worth the $ to me.

And, for me, I prefer physical ownership, like a DVD, to an online repository. Especially for video content.
    Well its 2022...you can downlaod and then burn a DVD. After the end of 2022...everything I do...video and books will be digital.
    Gabriel Suarez

I just got back to this now that I have time to download the video and pay attention to it.

Maybe I'm missing something, but your download link doesn't seem to direct to a full length version of this. The closest relevant thing seems to be the pistol kata video from 2 years ago. Is that it, or is there a newer video? I may be slow but was looking for something recent and don't see it.

Maybe that's why nobody's bought it yet. I'm literally sitting here with credit card in hand, if you can clarify what/where to find the full length video.
    Last edited by Yondering; 05-01-2022 at 07:46 PM.

The Pistol Kata video is the video in question
    Gabriel Suarez

The Pistol Kata video is the video in question
    OK, I'm just slow then.

I wonder how many others were looking for a more recent video as well and just didn't say anything. It wouldn't hurt to clarify in the OP.