Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use a LaserAmmo cartridge, (the one with the pipe that goes does the barrel and red barrel nut. Tensions the laser cartridge so it holds zero during manipulations.)

2 LaserPet targets. One where I get a max distance of 7 yards, the other down a hallway where I can get about 13 yards max. Both have an approx. 2 3/4” round target to simulate a nice, tight brain/face shot.)

I also have several 3” and 1” adhesive-backed red reflectors all around the garage, some stuck to IPDA cardboard targets. (1” in the brain box, 3” in the upper center mass.)

1 G19 mag with guts/follower, 1 G19 and 2 G17 mags with the guts removed so they will work for whatever reload I practice.

Multiple (25-30) reps of the following, all from my regular EDC gear and usual concealment garments:

1. 2-handed concealment garment clears/draws to the dot, 2-handed grip, press.
    2. 1-handed concealment garment clears/draw to the dot, 1-handed grip, press. (Support hand putting pressure on a shelving unit to simulate pushing wife/kid away.)
    3. Same as above but resetting and pressing as quickly as I smoothly can and get hits. (To practice quick reset-follow-up shots.)
    4. Support-hand only.
    5. Slide-lock speed reloads.
    6. Proactive reloads with retention.

I will also run the 2-handed draws on the 7-yard target and reloads on the LaserPet’s timer. Goal is a 7-yard brain/face shot in 1.5 seconds, slide-lock speed reloads in 3 seconds or better, proactive reloads with retention in 3.5 or better.

I try to do all of the above 4 times a week.

Sometimes I will run a drill where when the timer goes off on the 7-yard target, I draw and press once on the 12-yard LaserPet (2 3/4” target), reset and press on the 7-yard target. Goal is 4 seconds or better.

Once a week, I will put a LaserPet on top of the TV in front of my elliptical and dry practice while working out on it. Distance is about 4 yards. (I do progressive hill climbs where after warm-up I spend one minute on each level from 15 to max 20, then repeat that 3 times.)

Every other minute, regardless of level, I do 10 2-handed dry-reps, 5 primary hand, 5 support hand, then a few 2-handed on a 3” reflector to my left, and same on a reflector to my right.

What I haven’t been doing anywhere near enough of is the pistol Katas. Need to get back to those 2-3 days a week.

I do a lot of movement off the X/shooting on the move at the range live-fire a couple of times a month, but I can’t get the totality of the angles/take the target’s back in live-fire.

With all the running around, and working back to 35-40 yards, picking up brass takes forever!
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Complete Pistol Gunfighter
    Force on Force
    Killing within the Law
    Pistol Groundfighting

If it can happen to Bill Jordan, it can happen to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by charliemike1 View Post
    You got that right.

It just hasn't happened to most people. Yet.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

The Bill Jordan story involvedxa bit more. I unload and put the mags on a desk orcwork area, check, and then go to work.. I use Gutless Mags for drills. Only thing I lock is my front door when I leave the house.

When Im done...I load back up, do a weapons check and go about my day.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I'll say it, I'm missing something here.

I know the lawman Bill Jordon but I don't think I know of this story/incident. Assuming an accident dryfiring?

Him and another BP Agent were dryfiring on each other. Early version of FOF. They loaded up with the intent t was done...and just one more...hardly the same situation as we are discussing. I NEVER lock up my ammo. If you need to do that to be safe, perhaps you should not play with guns.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters