Default Stripped or worn out RMR slide screw hole

Went to change RMR battery today and after getting RMR off my g19 the screw hole over the extractor plunger seemed either stripped or crossthreaded. I can't get a screw to go down all the way in the hole and as a result the RMR shifts fairly easily.

It actually almost looks worn. The threads of the hole are kind of rounded to the touch and feel.

My slide is a factory Glock slide that was cut by SI, bought used from a member here.

I use blue loctite on each screw.

Any thoughts on repair or making this work? Is this something a local gunsmith could fix? Might be as simple as re-tapping the threads.

Or is it simply that this slide needs to be replaced, as I suspect? If that's the case it it looks like SI's g19 slides are on backorder....any ETA?

Is it possible that there might be some old loctite still in the hole, and on the threads?
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

OEM Glock slide...hard to tell. Most likely it needs a hard cleaning. Worst case any gunsmith can rethread it.

Yet another selling point for the evil Holosun.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Local gunsmith, tap out the hole and reinstall. Don’t try and mess with it anymore to make sure you still have threads left to tap. Worst case he can probably tap it alittle bigger....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

I'm turning my baseball cap around backwards and putting in a fresh plug of chew before I answer this. (In an allegorical sense.)

If a good cleaning and chasing the threads doesn't fix it, then I would plug the hole with JB Weld and then re-drill and re-tap. Is JB Weld as good as steel? Of course not. But in this application, I suspect it's enough to last through two or three battery changes as long as you are very careful about not cross-threading.

As Gabe pointed out: Going forward, the Holosun solves this potential problem. Though I suppose the Type 2 RMR does as well. I sort of skipped the Type 2.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I'm turning my baseball cap around backwards and putting in a fresh plug of chew before I answer this. (In an allegorical sense.)

If a good cleaning and chasing the threads doesn't fix it, then I would plug the hole with JB Weld and then re-drill and re-tap. Is JB Weld as good as steel? Of course not. But in this application, I suspect it's enough to last through two or three battery changes as long as you are very careful about not cross-threading.

As Gabe pointed out: Going forward, the Holosun solves this potential problem. Though I suppose the Type 2 RMR does as well. I sort of skipped the Type 2.
    Hah, it better be Copenhagen....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Thanks everyone. I took my slide out to my shop and ran a tap through it to clean up the threads. All better now!

How does holosun solve this problem? Doesn't it still need two screws to attach to the slide?

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    Thanks everyone. I took my slide out to my shop and ran a tap through it to clean up the threads. All better now!

How does holosun solve this problem? Doesn't it still need two screws to attach to the slide?
    It solves the problem by not needing to be removed for a battery change. Nor a plate to keep it water proof, for that matter. It really is a more evolved design in several ways, I wish Trijicon would get off their ass.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Beoceorl View Post
    Is it possible that there might be some old loctite still in the hole, and on the threads?
    I thought I cleaned most of it out before - but I think there was. Some gunk came out after I used the tap.

Oh I see. Yes, that's a significant feature.