Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Another is to get two Molle pouches and make one out of them too... If it was a dedicated shooting bad then you may as well get one to make life alittle better....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

The snipers I shot with all made thereís but there is better options, one of the reasons I started this in the first place. Bipods have their place but I would rather shoot off a bag personally. Plus a bag can be adjusted better for hight where bipod legs are limited. If your spot is canted, lots of reasons mainly being more stable of shooting position....

Consider, though: it doesn’t ruin the rest of the day when you plant your bipod legs in the mud. Shooting off a bag is a lot better when it’s not raining.
    Virtute et Armis

Everything is mission specific. Sometimes a bipod goes with you, sometimes not. Depends on the rifle, depends what you’re doing and where.

A tripod might even be the right tool for some things. Or the rifle and nothing else but the environment.

Be adaptable and creative. Don’t be dependent on any one tool and don’t limit yourself from using tools when they are useful.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Consider, though: it doesn’t ruin the rest of the day when you plant your bipod legs in the mud. Shooting off a bag is a lot better when it’s not raining.
    Any of my dedicated sniper shit I keep a bipod on.... I’m thing about my 223 600 yard rifles and keeping bi pods off.... Another being a training aid for my younger two....

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Everything is mission specific. Sometimes a bipod goes with you, sometimes not. Depends on the rifle, depends what you’re doing and where.

A tripod might even be the right tool for some things. Or the rifle and nothing else but the environment.

Be adaptable and creative. Don’t be dependent on any one tool and don’t limit yourself from using tools when they are useful.
    I was just thinking about this the other night, if training picks up you guys should do a recce type event. Cross between Guerilla Sniper and team tactics. That could be kinda cool.... Just thinking out loud ...

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Carry a 15 lb kettlebell in each hand, and woo boy does the fun begin as you cant really split the load between hands like you can a rifle. I stole the idea from those poor sods in selection having to ruck with jerry cans/loaded stretchers (Im thinking about your food drive Sua) , they are quite a bit younger (except for you Sua ;) so I reduced the load a bit to 15 lbs and a larger gripping service.
    I like your thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRidder View Post
    I like your thinking!
    I should add, that I checked my bag last night, whodathunkit, it is a Mystery Ranch Scree and still going strong.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

I generally use a bipod and all of my precision rifles are thus equipped, but I do occasionally practice with a ruck just for the experience. One I carry is a Sandpiper. I use it as a go bag and it usually rides in the truck, but have used it plenty for camping and hiking. Had the thing for at least 10 years now and it has served admirably. Still in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I have used a couple of Alice packs I have in the past. There is lots of stuff out there, what is a good 3 day pack that some of you have used? I looking for something new and I donít really like Alice packs.
    If you want a really good pack that carries well, check out Hill People Gear. They don't really have anything they call a "3 day pack", but they have stuff similar in size.

The Hill brothers are hunters, backpacks and former wildland firefighters, so they kinda know what it's like to live with a pack on your back.