Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Shooting off a ruck...

I have used a couple of Alice packs I have in the past. There is lots of stuff out there, what is a good 3 day pack that some of you have used? I looking for something new and I donít really like Alice packs.
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Also, will second for a go bag...

I've got a couple of the 5.11 AMP72 packs and like them. They wear well with weight, have good access to pockets, have a hidden smg/ar pistol (build dependent) pocket that holds my armor, and have minimal tags and stitching to remove and there is a "covert" cover that will go over all the velcro and stuff depending on what you need.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

I have become a big fan of hyperlite gear. It is not cheap and it is not tactical. But it is very sturdy and extremely light. They have several packs in different sizes to choose from. I colors are limited to black and white, I bought a pack cover from Kifaru to go over my white pack (I did not want black for my main hiking pack).

Osprey and Kifaru have a lot of good stuff as well.

I no longer care for the obviously “tactical” packs… not because of “gray man“ concerns, but because most of them are overly heavy.

It is easy to say “get stronger”, but no matter how strong you are, lighter is better.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I have become a big fan of hyperlite gear. It is not cheap and it is not tactical. But it is very sturdy and extremely light. They have several packs in different sizes to choose from. I colors are limited to black and white, I bought a pack cover from Kifaru to go over my white pack (I did not want black for my main hiking pack).

Osprey and Kifaru have a lot of good stuff as well.

I no longer care for the obviously “tactical” packs… not because of “gray man“ concerns, but because most of them are overly heavy.

It is easy to say “get stronger”, but no matter how strong you are, lighter is better.
    I know what you mean. I know with the hiking stuff it’s light and made plenty strong. Aftermarket military stuff is almost made too good.... Cool gives me some stuff to think about and look at....

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    I've got a couple of the 5.11 AMP72 packs and like them. They wear well with weight, have good access to pockets, have a hidden smg/ar pistol (build dependent) pocket that holds my armor, and have minimal tags and stitching to remove and there is a "covert" cover that will go over all the velcro and stuff depending on what you need.
    Sweet, check them out...

My mystery Ranch pack has been working very well so far. I use it in my daily ruck walks to stay in shape. Carry a 50lb bag of some kind of fertilizer the XO bought for the yard but the bag fits in the pack well. Couple that with a hill people gear chest pack to carry the essentials, and a couple of 15 lb kettlebells, and a couple miles at almost double time really starts to give you the love.

The mystery ranch is by no means hyperlite, but is still significantly lighter than the mil issue products, and the adjustability of the pack straps will have it fitting like a glove. I will try to get pic of it today as I cant seem to find it on the site anymore.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

+1 for rucking. I use a goruck for grey man and a Hillpeople pack when in the woods. Add a 45lb goruck plate plust water and you will enjoy yourself.

Mystery Ranch is solid stuff. My primary backpacking pack is a Dana Designs Terraplane, (now Mystery Ranch) I bought that pack in 1998 and it's still going strong. My wife has the same pack from about the same year.
    While the Mystery Ranch stuff might be heavy by comparison there is no replacement for comfort and stability.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

ďAdversity introduces a man to himself.Ē