Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We actually poured water from a bottle, filling up the lens, getting water everywhere, and they still worked fine. Sort of like taillights in the rain...a little distortion but still very manageable.

Those that say it is an issue have probably either never shot in the rain or are getting paid by those selling closed emitter sights. I recall one former SF Wonder Trainer telling everyone the ACRO wasxa game changer that would up- end the market. Apparently he never tested it sufficiently to note the battery issues and other factors.

We will see what we learn from this optic but on the face of it, it doesnt offer enough to want me to select it over the 508T. We will sell them to you of course. For thosexwanting this type of optic it eclipses the Aimpoint 100%.

Another matter. Look down right nowcat your appendix carried pistol and the drape of your shirt over tha back end of the slide...and your optic. The ass end of your RMR or 508 sits at the belt line. The ass end of the ACRO or 509 sits well above that and will be far more difficult to conceal.

The 507 and 508 series are a distinct improvement in my opinion...the 509 will do fine...but if the only thing it offers is a solution to a non existent problem, while making it more difficult to cowitness sights and conceal...I am not sure I want one.

On an AR Pistol...that may be a better home for it.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    On an AR Pistol...that may be a better home for it.
    This.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Ok but heres where i am on the closed emitter thing vs the industry. The RMR as well as C and K series holosun optics are not technically an open emitter, why? Well because they are protected bbehind a sealed glass lens, unlike, pretty much anything with the street price under $200, as well as anything from shield psd, to include the rms, rms-c, j-point and romeo 0, which are all truly open emitter with nothing protecting the emitter, leaving it exposed to the elements

Look, if the unit is in fact certified water proof, like the aforementioned rmr and holosun C/K series, then its not an open emitter, theres nothing to be impinged or damaged by elements that wouldnt also do the same to a 509 or acro. With both my eyes and pauls, playing around with the 509 today, the dual lenses created so much starburst, i might just put at the bottom of the product page "Unexplainably juicy"

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    Ok but heres where i am on the closed emitter thing vs the industry. The RMR as well as C and K series holosun optics are not technically an open emitter, why? Well because they are protected bbehind a sealed glass lens, unlike, pretty much anything with the street price under $200, as well as anything from shield psd, to include the rms, rms-c, j-point and romeo 0, which are all truly open emitter with nothing protecting the emitter, leaving it exposed to the elements

Look, if the unit is in fact certified water proof, like the aforementioned rmr and holosun C/K series, then its not an open emitter, theres nothing to be impinged or damaged by elements that wouldnt also do the same to a 509 or acro. With both my eyes and pauls, playing around with the 509 today, the dual lenses created so much starburst, i might just put at the bottom of the product page "Unexplainably juicy"
    I hadn't realized that...you are quite right.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Innocenti View Post
    I have never had an issue running the RMR in rain and the cold. (Well, as cold as gets here.)
    I ran multiple RMRs in Alaska for years, including winter camping, and never had any trouble. Even at -40F it worked fine. I didn’t have any Holosuns then.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Now a shotgun mount that dropped the height as compared to the RMR…maybe that would be useful.
    Thats something i think ill get to work on
    Ill even call it the Yoro mount
    Yamamoto
    Obscure
    Reflex
    Optic

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Oh hell yes.....
    Gabriel Suarez

I live in the PNW and shoot out in the woods. I've had issues with rain, mud (splash back from the berm) and snow and my RMR. I don't think people realize those two holes in the RMR are to let water drain and are very effective. I'm working with a Steiner MPS in conditions where my pistol will be out in an adverse environment for a long time. My EDC is still a RMR as it conceals easy and lives under a shirt.
    Last edited by GhostRidder; 03-05-2022 at 05:05 AM.

Most guys have no idea how big an ACRO sized optic is, and how big it makes the pistol. Then they add a light/laser and extended mags and ask who makes an appendix holsrer for it...LOL

The RMR has been run by our tribe in every imaginable environment here and overseas. In the sweltering heat where T1 batteries died on rifles, and in cold and rain and snow, where we worried about hypothermia. We even had Greg and Sua swim with them in riverine ops.

And not once have we thought "gosh...I wish this thing was half again as big and had a closed emitter. Not once did we fail to hit what we needed to hit in those conditions.

And the Holosun 407/507/508 is just as good...and in many respects better. What I dont need is to createxan imaginary need to justify a bigger optic on my pistols.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Most guys have no idea how big an ACRO sized optic is, and how big it makes the pistol. Then they add a light/laser and extended mags and ask who makes an appendix holsrer for it...LOL

The RMR has been run by our tribe in every imaginable environment here and overseas. In the sweltering heat where T1 batteries died on rifles, and in cold and rain and snow, where we worried about hypothermia. We even had Greg and Sua swim with them in riverine ops.

And not once have we thought "gosh...I wish this thing was half again as big and had a closed emitter. Not once did we fail to hit what we needed to hit in those conditions.

And the Holosun 407/507/508 is just as good...and in many respects better. What I dont need is to createxan imaginary need to justify a bigger optic on my pistols.
    I remember seeing the pics of Sua swimming with the rmr and thinking, that’s an optic that will work in absolute shit conditions. That’s the one I want. I live in the northeast and have had snow completely cover my window. A simple puff of lung power cleared it every time. If the target was close, using the meat and metal principle, I just pulled the trigger and the recoil cleared the window just fine. As was said earlier, I think this closed emitter thing is something the instagrammers and range rambos worry about. Those of us that have used our kit and train on a regular basis know the real deal.