Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HOLOSUN 508T GREEN

20220302_142509.jpg
    It doesnt wash out against green background. That is a myth.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Wow, I like that a lot!
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll'), RS Class 5-78
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School, KWTLx4, Red Dot Pistol Gunfighting, RGF-1 Rifle Gunfighting

Gabe, reviving this to ask if you would post a pic of just the 2 MOA dot? As I posted in my own thread about dot size for my upcoming CZ optic, I'm considering the 2 MOA setup. But, I'm terrible at visualizing how that would look in a pistol optic window.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

The dot is like what you see in the image but without the circle AROUND it.

I am running all Holosuns now
    ..all green.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The dot is like what you see in the image but without the circle AROUND it.

I am running all Holosuns now
    ..all green.
    Not much else to see, then. Cool. I'm toying with selling the RMR on my G19 and replacing with a Holosun, if I decide I really like the one on the CZ.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Had one of these installed by Suarez 3 months ago on my G17 and I find the green way better than the red.

I am 100% sold on green holosuns. Money well spent.

Probably going to send in my G26 next

Thanks again!

Love the Holosun 508T in Green. Switched over to it on all of my weapons, including my EDC.

I used a G45 with Holosun 508T GR in the last Suarez Pistol Optics class - worked great. With the dual power source (battery plus solar), the battery just seems to last forever compared to the Type 2 RMR's.

Of note, the GREEN Holosun 508T in Auto brightness mode will allow you to set the level for the lowest brightness that it will use. I keep it in auto mode, but bumped the lowest level up 2 "notches" because I like the dot just a bit brighter even in low light. The RED 508T does not have this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    Gabe, reviving this to ask if you would post a pic of just the 2 MOA dot? As I posted in my own thread about dot size for my upcoming CZ optic, I'm considering the 2 MOA setup. But, I'm terrible at visualizing how that would look in a pistol optic window.
    508T.jpg

I like the 2 moa dot very much. Dot size is a subjective thing, though, so I won't say that 2 moa is necessarily "right." I started with a 6.5 moa RMR, because everybody said that was best for a pistol. I quickly migrated to the 3.25 moa dot. When the 1 moa RM09 came out, I picked one of those up. It now sits on top of a CZ Scorpion, where it works quite well. But I determined that 1 moa is--for me--too small for a pistol. The 2 moa dot, though, is perfect.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    508T.jpg

I like the 2 moa dot very much. Dot size is a subjective thing, though, so I won't say that 2 moa is necessarily "right." I started with a 6.5 moa RMR, because everybody said that was best for a pistol. I quickly migrated to the 3.25 moa dot. When the 1 moa RM09 came out, I picked one of those up. It now sits on top of a CZ Scorpion, where it works quite well. But I determined that 1 moa is--for me--too small for a pistol. The 2 moa dot, though, is perfect.
    Thanks for the additional pic. I like that size; that's a great size for the window. I think that pretty well convinces me that the extra coin for the 507 over the 407 is worth the smaller dot. The 6 MOA works fine, but the smaller one would be better for me as well, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    Thanks for the additional pic. I like that size; that's a great size for the window. I think that pretty well convinces me that the extra coin for the 507 over the 407 is worth the smaller dot. The 6 MOA works fine, but the smaller one would be better for me as well, I think.
    If it wasn't clear from the LD's pic, the RDS he's using is the 508T. Though the top of the window is actually lower and therefore a bit smaller than the 507C, I still prefer it over the 507. Grade 5 titanium is dramatically tougher than 7075, albeit a hair heavier, and the overall profile of the 508 is smaller, but personally I greatly prefer the aesthetic. FWIW.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine