Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A lot of people left the full time workforce due to covid and haven't returned. That has changed spending habits. Then there's inflation.

As far as guns, ammo is big factor. No point in buying guns you can't afford to shoot because of double and triple priced ammo. Then there's the social media affect. we aren't seeing near as many gun, gadget, and shooting videos because they're either prohibited by the media platform or media personalities fear getting banned. The latest and greatest review videos drove a lot of sales.

But even Amazon reported a 25% drop in sales so something has definitely shifted.

Freight levels are also down and according to customers a 2-3 month lead time on their incoming products is common.
    Paul

America First
    Anti Globalist

1). A lot of people left the full time workforce due to covid and haven't returned. That has changed spending habits.

Lets look at the truth. They left the work force but NOT due to Covid. Covid is a bad flu. The forced and illegal shutdowns killed many businesses. Many just closed and went away. And then the Dictator's mandates forced others to choose between health and work

2). Then there's inflation.

Again...caused by fucking Biden. Everything is more expensive now. Remember gas prices in Feb 2020? How about now? The only diff is fucking Biden. Meat is more expensive too. If it keeps climbing we might have recipes for barbecued hippies pretty soon.

3). Then there's the social media affect. we aren't seeing near as many gun, gadget, and shooting videos because they're either prohibited by the media platform or media personalities fear getting banned.

Not sure that is it. There just isnt much innovation right now in ANY industry. And at our distributors, the only stuff in abundance are Turkish guns and other quasi-quality imports. There are few US made guns in numbers anywhere. Been to the market lately? How many empty shelves do you see?

4). But even Amazon reported a 25% drop in sales so something has definitely shifted.

Every industry.

5). Freight levels are also down and according to customers a 2-3 month lead time on their incoming products is common.

Every industry.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by M_P_E View Post
    If I can buy brass cased 9mm 124gr ball for $17/50 shipped to my house as a retail customer (where the entity I buy it from is presumably making some money, as did the wholesaler/importer they bought it from), how is it that the shop can't sell 9mm for less than $30/50 for Wolf/Tula? Sure, it's not $9/50 9mm like we had a few years ago, but we aren't talking $1/round.
    I think I can answer part of this. Gabe described SI as a “nimble ship,” and that analogy works perfectly. A bigger ship is slower to steer. I have a small LGS and an Academy very near to me. At the beginning of the panic, 9mm was about $0.20/rd. It climbed to $0.40/rd over a few months, then shot up to $1/rd. The LGS moved with the market, jacked up their prices, and always had ammo available for those who really needed it. Academy was still selling at $0.25/rd when the market was at $1. Their response was rationing (like a damned Russian bread line). And every morning there was a line of retirees waiting to purchase their two boxes and resell them on Craigslist. During that time, I didn’t buy any ammo from the LGS. I bought whatever I could at Academy, but usually left empty handed. Today, 9mm is back down to about $0.35/rd in the market, but Academy is still at $0.50/rd. Eventually they’ll come down, but it’s a big, slow ship.

Additionally, there is the media angle. Academy fears being accused of “price gouging” by a bunch of economic illiterates on Facebook. Gabe wouldn’t care about that, nor did my LGS. Being nimble is good, and so is being bold.
    Virtute et Armis

I think there is also a market saturation issue. The industry is trying to sell ARs, AKs, 1911s, and Glocks. And clones of Glocks. Endless clones of Glocks.

Everybody has bought all the stuff of that sort that they really need...or even want. I think the market is looking for Something New.

There are many factors to it. A big one is China and the way they are methodically shutting down entire cities due to a couple case of covid under their zero covid decree. They also just happen to be in cities with huge factories that make stuff for the US market. They are also buying out all the space on all the container ships they can to bring supplies from places like South America to mainland China. So that shipment of powder sitting in Australia to come here can't find a boat. That also extends to raw materials like copper and lead mines. I don't think we have an active lead mine here anymore so it has to come from other places with a huge chunk of them being in China or places they control. With them looking to take a shot at the title of world super power its easy to see why they would want to starve the US of supplies.

Then consider that everyone is getting ready for a fight and drained the entire stockpile from everywhere with millions and millions of brand new gun owners. Gun parts and ammo have been slow to recover though some common things are starting to hit the shelves at higher prices. I can easily find common stuff at Cabelas like 9mm, 5.56, .308 but mostly all FMJ.

Go to a Home Depot and look at the shelves. Lots of gaps and product availability problems since tons of things are made in China (remember the factory shutdowns?) though I did notice that some products are starting to be made else where. Saw some tool boxes that were made in Israel now. Same story at places like Walmart, Target or the auto parts store.

Would be pretty advantageous to cause artificial shortages across all sectors while also funding groups like antifa and blm to sow chaos; China wouldn't be doing that would they? Get a country to take itself out? Especially if they could get politicians on the dole with huge amounts of money and the best hookers?
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

Just a tip, know how your guns zero/group on cheap ammo…

I have some pet factory loads that are unobtanium right now. Doing some testing on what IS available shows I need to make some adjustments to zero, and also recognize “minute of pie plate” performance…

I do think that if the ammo prices were to come down more people would be buying. A lot of people are sitting it out and waiting. That's what I am doing...I have my stock, but if prices come down I will be buying more bulk ammo. But there seems to be a disconnect...less demand then prices should come down...but not so far.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    1). A lot of people left the full time workforce due to covid and haven't returned. That has changed spending habits.

Lets look at the truth. They left the work force but NOT due to Covid. Covid is a bad flu. The forced and illegal shutdowns killed many businesses. Many just closed and went away. And then the Dictator's mandates forced others to choose between health and work

2). Then there's inflation.

Again...caused by fucking Biden. Everything is more expensive now. Remember gas prices in Feb 2020? How about now? The only diff is fucking Biden. Meat is more expensive too. If it keeps climbing we might have recipes for barbecued hippies pretty soon.

3). Then there's the social media affect. we aren't seeing near as many gun, gadget, and shooting videos because they're either prohibited by the media platform or media personalities fear getting banned.

Not sure that is it. There just isnt much innovation right now in ANY industry. And at our distributors, the only stuff in abundance are Turkish guns and other quasi-quality imports. There are few US made guns in numbers anywhere. Been to the market lately? How many empty shelves do you see?

4). But even Amazon reported a 25% drop in sales so something has definitely shifted.

Every industry.

5). Freight levels are also down and according to customers a 2-3 month lead time on their incoming products is common.

Every industry.
    As you have said repeatedly, unless this illegitimate administration is defeated in November...

The Davos group is setting the stage for worldwide destruction and death.
    Paul

America First
    Anti Globalist

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    As you have said repeatedly, unless this illegitimate administration is defeated in November...

The Davos group is setting the stage for worldwide destruction and death.
    Frankly, even if Trump were still in the Whitehouse, and RINOS held the house and senate, I seriously doubt the globalists would be dissuaded. They would just find another way to realize their agenda.

I used to think that Trump getting elected would delay their plans somewhat, maybe even for an entire generation if he served a second term. Turns out that was not the case at all. They ramped things up to an unprecedented level, removed him, and then enslaved the world in a matter of 4 years. Things aren't going to get any better from here. I mean, just think back to 9/11 and tell me what in the entire world has genuinely changed for the better. I can't come up with a single legitimate thing.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Frankly, even if Trump were still in the Whitehouse, and RINOS held the house and senate, I seriously doubt the globalists would be dissuaded. They would just find another way to realize their agenda.

I used to think that Trump getting elected would delay their plans somewhat, maybe even for an entire generation if he served a second term. Turns out that was not the case at all. They ramped things up to an unprecedented level, removed him, and then enslaved the world in a matter of 4 years. Things aren't going to get any better from here. I mean, just think back to 9/11 and tell me what in the entire world has genuinely changed for the better. I can't come up with a single legitimate thing.
    It might be awhile but things will get better for those that survive.

War is coming.
    Paul

America First
    Anti Globalist