Hybrid View

Default ATF planning to confiscate FRS triggers.

A leaked email says the ATF is going to confiscate particular triggers that they've deemed to be "machine guns."

I personally think the triggers are a bit gimmicky, and never saw the need or had the desire. But it is concerning to me that the federal government is going to confiscate legally manufactured and purchased items from private citizens, with absolutely no legal precedent or justification.

I'm not a lawyer, but this seems a sticky situation for those in possession. If they voluntarily give up their property, are they admitting to what is essentially a felony? If they refuse to surrender the property, I think we all know how that turns out.

https://stlshootingenthusiasts.com/2...ation-of-frts/
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

2 things:

First, the letter/email seems to be 9 months in the future saying "Oct 2022 to present". Which is odd to say the least. And may imply some fear mongering on GOA's part who leaked the letter. Parenthetically, this seems to coincide conveniently with the upcoming mid-terms...

Second, I thought the triggers were gimmicky too... until a friend bought one and had me install it. Well, it was actually awesome, and extremely controllable. I broke down the video I took of me shooting it, and it took 2.07 seconds to dump 30 rounds on target. That's 869 rpm! I was able to reduce this down to around 650 using buffer weights. Not a single hiccup.

Second and half-ish, Rare Breed had just announced a 3 position selector version of the trigger. Safe, Semi, & Full-Semi. You're, for all practical purposes, getting an M4 for a few hundred bucks. Not saying you'll be running around shooting things at 800 rpm all the time, but just the idea that you can... and legally circumvent the unconstitutional NFA at the same time. Well, that's compelling in my mind.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Oh no... what will we do...what will be do?

Door number one - Gangster

Door Number Two - Bitch
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Oh no... what will we do...what will be do?

Door number one - Gangster

Door Number Two - Bitch
    Agreed. But door number one only works if enough people decide to do that. Otherwise the ATF will just kill your wife, and burn your house down with your kids inside and claim youre a right wing domestic terrorist.

I suppose time will tell.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post
    Agreed. But door number one only works if enough people decide to do that. Otherwise the ATF will just kill your wife, and burn your house down with your kids inside and claim youre a right wing domestic terrorist.

And shoot your dog.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
    And shoot your dog.
    See above
    Gabriel Suarez

My own response would not be what I would recommend to a client.

If I were a retailer, I would put them all on special and not order any more....at least for a while. That's not the Boy Scout Pro-2A response, but it keeps you from investing a bunch of money in something that just gets confiscated. I would also make sure my clients know that I don't keep records of who buys what, so there would be nothing to hand over to the ATF.

If I were an individual who had purchased one, I wouldn't even lose any sleep over it. Realistically, all they'll do is send you a threatening letter. There won't be any search warrants or murdered labradors, because even the ATF isn't that retarded. And if by sheer chance they ever catch anybody with one, they'll confiscated it in a threatening manner but never actually prosecute anyone. They have the ability (muscle) to take it, but they don't have the law on their side to actually take it to court.

The only entity that can't just wiggle out of this is the manufacturer. They have to fight it. And I hope they do fight, and win. While I wouldn't risk my investment as a retailer, I would still pony up and contribute to their legal fund to fight the ATF on this. They've got a winning case as far as the actual law is concerned. The problem they face right now is a wall of Roman soldiers with swords--who don't care about the law.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post

I will bet they don't
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    First, the letter/email seems to be 9 months in the future saying "Oct 2022 to present".
    I suspect that's just a typo. I doubt they plan that far ahead.
    Virtute et Armis