Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crime in Mayberry

Well, it appears that Mayberry is catching up with the rest of the country. Crime is up and growing, and the neighborhood websites are documenting burglaries of a few homes, but mostly garages, vehicles and tool sheds for the most part. In times past I only saw vehicles with broken side windows (usually covered with sheet plastic and tape) in the larger surrounding towns, but now I see 2-3 per week here in our small town.

I am guessing that a large part of these property crimes are being committed by illegals, tweakers, and the influx of newcomers from NY and Kalifornia. So far there has been little if any increase in assaults or the like that I am aware of. A couple of punks did follow my wife though. Broke them of that.

As everywhere else, we have to remain trained and ready for what may come our way. Sad to see though.

jim
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22

Our area is seeing more people creeping around house perimeters and peeping in windows at night. Lots of Ring et al camera footage but no LE interest in doing anything about it. People are freaking out about it. The same folks who were chasing police out of their neighborhoods a year back when they’d park in a neighborhood entrance to do speed enforcement on the main road - “we don’t want armed police near our homes and parks!” they had proclaimed.

On the positive side, we filled some police vacancies with social workers, got a civilian police oversight commission now, got a city DEI director, and a growing homeless encampment or three on the edge of town.

Same here in Northern Nevada.
    Our neighborhood use to be considered higher class, now it's just a continuation of the barrio. Local LEO were just down the road this morning doing a raid.
    American Veteran and Patriot, Lover of God, Country and Family. No Regrets, No Bullshit

I live about 5 miles outside Mayberry in a subdivision nice home on huge lots. In the last year a couple of questionable families have moved in and a ton of them moved out from the big city into Mayberry when “affordable housing” (300k for a cracker box on a postage stamp sized lot” and property crime has gone up a fair bit. We have even had some stuff stoked from yards and a lot of car prowls.

Where I am at it has cal Ed down because I believe the new families were explained that if their kids got caught there would be the country version of Shiria law practiced.

In the past there were days when I would head into town 3k people and not worry much if I forgot my blaster.

that has changed.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

You can tell that criminal punks are NOT scared of the law or consequences for breaking them. You can tell they never heard a leather belt stripped out of a pair of bluejeans and whistling toward their rear ends!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Pretty much Mayberry here still; pretty much. Town is about 20 mi north or south. Some crime in either, but mostly among the thugs. Lots of vets and conservatives here. I've recently taken to carrying my LCP in a jacket pocket, access to G19 @3:00 IWB difficult while seat-belted.
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.

YOUR HUCCKLEBERRY, WE ARE.

Come here...
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post

Come here...
    Doc Yoda.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post

Come here...
    After this pass week with the ice/sleet/snow storm with single digits a couple night, that is very inviting!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Doc Yoda.

huckleberryIam.jpg
    Bow to me