Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I will add this -

As many of you now, my exodus from police work was Marcinkoesque...including seven and one half months in county. You will get tested...so pass the fucking test. If you go out of your way to avoid the fight..."I don't want any trouble...you can have my coffee"...there will just be more and more and more. This isn't sparring, it is hitting somebody really hard, no matter what their size is and hurting them. Yeah...its on video...so what.

After you pass the test, few will want to try you. Mine, the guy's head hit the brick wall really hard and he fell down...poor guy must have lost his balance. Everyone knew what I did, and perhaps some admired it.

I eventually found one black dude, and one white dude, a Nazi Lowrider (yeah...look it up) whom I paid to be my henchmen and enforcers. One guy liked some weird magazine to read...so I bought that for him and some cheeatos. The other guy liked to draw for his kids at home so I bought him a couple of sketchpads.

Result was I would look at them, then at who they needed to interdict, then go back to my reading. The poor bastard that upset me would slip and fall or something bad would happen to him...maybe a snitch would tell the deputies he had dope and it would be found on him when he went to chow or something equally bad. My mission was simple...I required fucking peace to read and workout and call home...anyone that prevented me from doing that was an enemy and I would make them suffer and wish they had died at birth.

Other than that...mind your own business. What others are doing is not it. And don't be a pussy. You know how you size everyone up in the room? That happens there too. You don't want to look like a crazy guy that is looking for a fight...but you don't want to look like a pussy either. You need to be an enigma. "Who the hell is this guy...he's not a thug, but fuck he looks like a killer...is he a mafia guy...best not fuck with him".

Don't be friendly with the police or deputies either. Being a snitch is the worst possible thing and no matter what you look like...snitches get stitches...and their fucking teeth kicked in.

That is about it. Use the time to make yourself better. And one day...you get to go home emphatically NOT looking like Reginald Denny or talking like Ali.
    Last edited by Gabriel Suarez; 01-27-2022 at 04:42 PM.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    The first is not an original thought. It's actually a quote from Ghandi.
    I thought that looked familiar.

I can certainly see eye to eye with the Mahatma on that one.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

I think a lot of it is fear of the unknown. It's been pointed out already that a lot of guys go through life without ever being in a fight. Even fewer have been inside a jail, much less a prison. Throw in the pop culture depictions ranging from Oz to Shawshank Redemption and it's a terrifying nightmare of the unknown.

A lot of the "you'll go to jail" is dependent on being caught. If Rittenhouse had just left the scene afterwards, how hard would the police have looked for him? And how hard would the average LEO look for the person who took out a well-known miscreant?

Chances are pretty good in the cold-case files.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

I'm too old to take an ass whooping, always as.
    "The best defense is a swift and violent offense!" source unknown, maybe Gabe?
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.

I think I need more precepts.

#14 - The capacity for sudden exrreme violence often makes up for shitty situations.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The competition form of BJJ is really no different than competition gun games. Solid foundation modified for sport.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I think I need more precepts.

#14 - The capacity for sudden extreme violence often makes up for shitty situations.
    Got my vote Sensei, fits right in. I'm in for a 2nd Edition.

My sense of ironic phrasing offered: "...has an excellent potential for resolving shitty...''.

Q: Would it be appropriate to say "Predators are not prone to [ partially-violent ] actions".
    Last edited by Ted Demosthenes; 02-04-2022 at 01:40 PM.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

Out think them. Work to change the law to allow deadly force on three or more attackers in a hand fight. Bullies, creeps, and thugs are highly allergic to Canik TP9s, Glock 17s, S&W M&P 9s, Walther PPQs, and Ruger AMerican Pros.
    The 2cd Amendment has no technological cut off date!
    The extermination of Islam before my dhimmitude!
    8-10-3 forever!
    The operative formerly known as Pug Puppy
    COBRA!

Quote Originally Posted by Destro View Post
    Out think them. Work to change the law to allow deadly force on three or more attackers in a hand fight. Bullies, creeps, and thugs are highly allergic to Canik TP9s, Glock 17s, S&W M&P 9s, Walther PPQs, and Ruger AMerican Pros.
    It already does. Disparity of force as a justification for deadly force is is fairly well known.