Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    You know...I bet WD40 in the face works as well as OC without peripheral contamination of others. Good set up for an egress or a fast hard kick to his leg.
    I have heard carrying wasp spray for self defense- will shoot a long way and not healthy to breath or swallow. AND of course the excuse is you are deathly afraid of wasp- maybe even allergic
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

I haven't had my eyes hosed down with WD40 but I have got it in my eyes before. Its mildly annoying. I'd imagine that a good amount would cause blurry vision while also make the person freak since they would likely not know what it was.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

On person I carry a pistol, 2 mags, a folding knife, and lock picks, and some cash in no denominations bigger than a 50. If you have a hondo it's likely you have more, so if you have to grease a palm 50 is better. All vehicles have a bleeder kit and as I live in a desert I carry good boots, gloves, a hadji scarf, and bottled water.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    while also make the person freak since they would likely not know what it was.
    Keep in mind that anyone who has been to jail for more than a few nights has probably been pepper sprayed multiple times in life. It won’t be a new experience for them. Some will be smart enough to close their eyes and charge. (Though that may not actually be the smart move in this crowd.)
    Virtute et Armis

I haven't had my eyes hosed down with WD40 but I have got it in my eyes before. Its mildly annoying. I'd imagine that a good amount would cause blurry vision while also make the person freak since they would likely not know what it was.
    a quick wrap with some red and black duct tape would add to the confusion and at least momentarily make someone think its OC. Anything to make it not immediately look like WD40
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Alright...before we get deeper into this, I do not want a "Everything Plus The Kitchen Sink" discussion. There is a limit to what you can have on your person regularly, as well as what you will realistically be able to carry with you in your "Go Kick Ass Kit". For example...on my person right now -

Waistband - Glock 9mm Guttersnipe with 117 rounds plus a second 25 rounder opposite appendix.
    Pockets - Gangsta roll with about $1k in cash, bag of supplements to take at lunch, keys to the Range Rover, small wallet, Droid Phone, and a knife.

PERIOD

I have other stuff nearby should UI need it but that is all I carry with me...a pale comparison to the spectacular pocket dumps of those special ed tactical kids on youtube, but there it is. The more you carry the more you will forget, or lose, or leave behind.

So, sorta minimal, but mission focused. Lets create our "Dead Hooker War Bag". Props to brother SUA for the DHB term. It is a black nylon or canvas bag that lives in your ride and contains your armor, your secondary weapon, and ammo. This is all stuff that you can grab up and take with you...put on and use quickly, etc. If you need a couple of Tibetan Sherpas to carry your gear, trust me...you have too much. So.....

1. Black Nylon Gloves...a few sets...first thing you put on and last thing to remove.

2. Oversized cover garment suitable for the area. Think lightweight black hoodie or an oversized outdoors type shirt. Dark color is better.

3. Unmarked BB hat or a rolled up balaclava...actually leaving toward number 2 in the winter.

4. A nice strong Wrecking bar or crow bar. There are few urban structures you cannot breach with one of these and in a pinch, they will in fact open a head like a tomahawk...I have seen it done.

5. Heavy duty zip ties (yeah you can tie up the dude you just choked out...but also secure doors and other things)

6. Small can of WD40 as discussed earlier

What else gents??
    The DHB I set up 10+ years ago has all that plus a plastic bag with a granola bar, a single serving foil packet of peanut butter (as E&E food) and a 500 ml bottle of water, plus one wound dressing and some band-aids.

I don't think spraying someone with wd40 is about incapacitating someone as much as it is to get them to flintch and create an opportunity.
    Geek Warlord

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    TWOTU edition

TWOTU since May 2015

I don't think spraying someone with wd40 is about incapacitating someone as much as it is to get them to flintch and create an opportunity.
    It's a viable strategy, but it depends upon your audience. It will cause some guys to respond like a UFC fighter who is shooting for your legs. The idea (in your attacker's head) is to duck your head and run under the stream, closing the distance as quickly as possible. If I were spraying someone, I would definitely follow it immediately with a step off-line, because there is a good chance that you'll face a charge if you're facing a real bad guy. If the person just freezes in confusion or runs away, they probably weren't much of a threat to begin with.

I like the idea of WD-40, but I also see it as a potential catalyst. It could be the spark that ignites things.
    Virtute et Armis

Adding to Lawdog's point...remember that it's a two-way range.

If we get sprayed in the face, we're going to guns. The other guy can do the same.

We should be enough ahead of the curve that we are preempting what the other guy does (to Gabe, Dorkface, and Lawdog's points), movement offline, attack, retreat, whatever. Merely making the point that the other guy might not only charge, but go stabby or ballistic.

I think there's a danger when some guys use non-lethal, they don't recognize that it may be perceived very differently on the receiving end.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Indeed. It should go without saying but wd40 would be used as an airbag because its in hand lol. There is atleast one guy that would think sneaking around with it drawn was a good idea lol. Though I do now want there to be a movie where the monsters weakness is wd40; Like how Head 'n Shoulders shampoo was the monsters weakness in Evolution. Roflmao.
    Geek Warlord

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    TWOTU edition

TWOTU since May 2015