Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default DOUBLE ACTION PISTOL USE

I have discussed it before and will say it again. The traditional double action system such as SIG P-220, 226, 229, and Beretta M9 are not as difficult to use as their haters would have you think, and actually have advantages not available to the striker fired universe. Even if its not your preferred system, as a secondary pistol to be kept in a vehicle, desk drawer, or back pack, it is a better choice than any striker fired weapon. It can be carried holsterless due to its trigger design and so it is much more suitable in many NPEs than the striker fired holster-dependent systems. And with a little work, you will find you can shoot it just as well as your 1911 or Glock

BUY DA/SA SIG PISTOLS HERE
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Three likely candidates waiting for new homes at that link.

That pipeline can't stay open forever.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:25

Lol.... 65 yard snap shots on the da should prove it to everyone....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Two years ago I was debating over getting a 226/9 Legion or the SI Gunfighter package on my G19. I chose the Gunfighter package with no regrets. However, I still have the Sig itch but they are hard to be found much less at this price point. My 'new' 229R has been shipped today and I am looking forward to getting my mits on it. It will be a great addition next to the 290RS and G19 G.F., although I suspect it may be getting shipped back to SI in the near future for some voodoo magic.

I’m thinking about a cz.... I have to find one, stuff is still dried up around here....

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinHole View Post
    Two years ago I was debating over getting a 226/9 Legion or the SI Gunfighter package on my G19. I chose the Gunfighter package with no regrets. However, I still have the Sig itch but they are hard to be found much less at this price point. My 'new' 229R has been shipped today and I am looking forward to getting my mits on it. It will be a great addition next to the 290RS and G19 G.F., although I suspect it may be getting shipped back to SI in the near future for some voodoo magic.
    I had a 229, like all sigs it was a very nice pistol...

I love my sigs. You can't go wrong with a sig p series.

If only they would bring back the 239 in a double or single stack...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I eventually settled on Glock. But when I was running a comparison in order to decide which platform to settle on, the gun in the #2 spot was a Sig P228. It was a close call. The distinction that really stands out in my mind is the ability to immediately drop the hammer again when you get a misfire due to a hard primer. When you are running cheap, eastern bloc ammo, that difference will really make itself known to you. With a striker-fired or single-action gun, you're going to have to run the slide, which takes more time than just squeezing the trigger again. Also, you're going to dump that round in the dirt, despite the 90% probability that it would fire if you could just give it a second tap.

DA/SA guns have their place.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by Cody C View Post
    I love my sigs. You can't go wrong with a sig p series.

If only they would bring back the 239 in a double or single stack...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I CAN GET YOU ONE IN .40, THAT BEING SAID IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY INTEREST IN P239'S I CAN GET THEM IN .40, BUT WE DIDN'T THINK THERE WOULD BE ANY INTEREST IN THEM

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI