Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Putin is no child of the Enlightenment, but he is savvy enough to know that Western Civilization is sinking and the US is a shit show. He wants to save Christian Russia and greater Russia-- Russia, Belarus, and what he can of Ukraine. I wish him luck.

There is a lot of money to be made in Ukraine, by both Dems and Repubs. War contractors grossed 7 Trillion in Afghanistan to shut down a couple of Alcaeda training camps. Hell, they are probably already making money with just talk of a war.

Still not our battle by any stretch of the imagination.

Trump was half right, we should have made NATO "allies" pay their fair share. But he just touched the surface--we should dump NATO completely. Military alliances with so many countries are not in our interest.

Start at about 0:54 Can you imaging anyone in the US giving a speech like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45gV_0owJ20
    Last edited by bubba in c.a.; 01-26-2022 at 04:17 PM.
    R.I. P.
    The First Republic, 1789- 1964/5

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    Now joe blow has the chance to put some liberal radical tyrant on the supreme court!

Luckily the guy retiring is also a liberal. The only unfortunate thing is the guy Biden picks will be in for several decades and won’t be able to be replaced by next republican president.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Jons999 View Post
    Luckily the guy retiring is also a liberal. The only unfortunate thing is the guy Biden picks will be in for several decades and won’t be able to be replaced by next republican president.
    Biden says he will nominate a black woman judge. No such thing as picking the most qualified person anymore. It's gotten so bad as to meet a quota on the Supreme Court now.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    Biden says he will nominate a black woman judge. No such thing as picking the most qualified person anymore. It's gotten so bad as to meet a quota on the Supreme Court now.
    What? Didn't you know that meritocracy is a dirty word, and considered as evil prejudice in our new, all-inclusive, (except for those nasty, ignorant conservatives like me) woke society?

Damn! Get with the plan, Man.

All in all, it's just another reason to live my own life and ignore what the 'guvment' does.

Current rumor is Kamala will be the Supreme Court pick and Pete Buttigiege will get bumped up to VP. Biden denied that today, but wouldn’t be the first time he was out of the loop on his decisions.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    - H.L. Mencken

Kamala would never get through the senate vote. She can't put a coherent thought together and I don't believe she would get a tie breaking vote in this instance but I'm not up on my civics regarding voting yourself into the Supreme Court lol.

No reason to panic a liberal replacing a liberal doesn't change a whole lot right now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just imagine the spectacle that Kamala would bring to oral arguments at the Court - word salad and crazy cackling.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

Kamala and oral are two words that create as kuch shrinkage as an ice cold pool.

On another note. I bet I could be pretty good friends with Putin. With Biden.. LOL...never.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    BUT what is their definition of "black" and what is their definition of "woman"?????? That could be ANYONE depending on how they "feel" that day.
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

I don't know the idea of sending troops to Russia ...in winter....just doesn't sound right. Has it been done before ? Hmmmm...