Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Front Sight "Restructuring" - Bends over 250,000 members

Gabe, I know you were involved in the beginning, so thought you might like to see this. I have been a member since 2006, taken six trips out there for eleven classes (1200 miles each way) and one to Alaska (combined with a great vacation, was a great trip and time). Always had good instruction, learned a lot, invested $10,000 plus over the years. Haven't given him any money in probably ten years, because I could see the writing on the wall. How is he going to sustain this pyramid by adding new members continuously and having to provide a "lifetime" of "free" training anytime you want. Well, it has come to an end and he just f-ed 250,000 Front Sight family members with this new "Restructuring" plan. I think it's a way for him to get out of all the commitments he's made and prepare for bankruptcy to walk away unscathed.

If you live in the surrounding states a day's drive away, and you picked up your membership for a song, and go two or three times a year okay, maybe you'll go along with it. Not if you go once every few years driving 1200 miles or more each way - nope you are screwed.

Here's the letter for your amusement. Basically to net it out:

• $500 a year for "membership maintenance"
    • $50 a day that you train, $75 if you don't have your own 100,000 liability insurance
    • Still have to do $50 a year background check (was always there and an acceptable annoyance)
    • You MUST buy their ammo to use for classes (still waiting to see how much THAT is)
    • All other bonus promised with your membership - gone

I was going to go to a class mid-Feb before coming to the Suarez KWTL 2.0 class on my way back, but I'll be cancelling that as I anticipate the Ammo charge will be outrageous.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by extremist; 01-22-2022 at 03:42 PM.

Background checks are meaningless. Col Hassan could havecgotten in with no issues. Anyway...as the Spanish say...

"TE LO DIJE"
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

What a snake oil guy. He wrote it like this is all some crooked lawyers fault and this is to protect you. I can see now whenever I list a pair of socks on a forum someone offers me a Front Site life membership for them.

Here is my moto in life. I pay as I go. I never prepay. Keeps things simple that way.

Anyone who was involved in front sight, should have seen this coming one day.

I have a membership, went once about a decade ago. I could see it then.

Lol.... What a scam....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

I hope that every single “family member” sues the shit out of him.

I am also hopeful that a way is found to go after him personally and after is chiro practices.

Gave is there still a “shoot on site” order on you if you ever show up there?
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    I hope that every single “family member” sues the shit out of him.

I am also hopeful that a way is found to go after him personally and after is chiro practices.

Gave is there still a “shoot on site” order on you if you ever show up there?
    Wait there was a shoot on sight order for Gabe at FS??????

I gotta hear this story lol

LOL...there is a deep satisfaction to being feared at that level.

So the story goes...there was a trainer there that left. His name is Dean. He got an inside view at the scientology stuff and ran. Anyway...he asked me for a job and I considered it.

Then I get an email from Ignatius telling me of Dean's non compete and if I hired him I would be sued. I replied in a clever way. I said I would do as I pleased with Dean, and if Ignatius sued me I would insure he would never be in any position to get a dime from me because I would fight him in the way that I know best. I think I made a couple of references to oral copulation in there too.

Anyway...that was the end of it. A few months later I taught a course and the host had just resigned from FS because of a meeting he attended. Apparently I so frightened Ignatius that he called in everyone and had a special presentation on my email, its implications, and what I was capable of.

The result was the only thing they could possibly do was to shoot on sight. I think Igg hired some USMil guys to guard him at home too.

Anyway...when I was told this I laughed so hard I nearly broke a rib.

The 13th Precept living and breathing.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I'm surprised he did not blame Gabe for the security costs that bankrupted him. Did he pay the mil guys in F$ bucks?

This dude smelled of Televangelist firearms training the first time I saw him. When I saw some videos of the "training"at the facility ( hopefully not representative of ALL participants and training levels). It looked like they knocked on doors to find the perfect stereotypical fudds to cattle call there.

All of this occured before I heard of Gabe & Company. Outside of Law Enforcement, I'd hadn't had any formal training. I didn't know what good training was, but I certainly could see and, as previously mentioned, smell what bad training was.

Maybe Dr. Ignatius can hock Sham-wows or Oxy-clean next...
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    HITS - 3, 8/12/16
    CRG - 3, 8/13 - 8/14/16
    RGF - 2, 7/15 - 7/16/17
    CRG - 5, 7/7 - 7/8/18
    Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting, 10/12 - 10/13/19
    Advanced Kalashnikov Gunfighting 10/11 - 10/12/20
    TN/GA/AL Training Group

"40 shots rang out....40 people fell. Patti and the Killer missed each other, but they shot that town to Hell!"
    Cow Patti, Jim Stafford via Randy Harris