Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm now 8 days past initial onset.

Chest congestion has lessened, sinus congestion persists and is especially runny. Taste has come back a little, but still not normal.

New symptom last night: skin rash / hives.

Since childhood I've been disposed to hives when sick. I've had them along with viral infections all throughout my life.

Hasher was in a bad way when he got home. I had to retrofit his house for a weak old man. Even after he got home I had to take care of his place as he was still recovering. It hit him hard; He is much better now.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

Well, I and my wife haven't gotten it yet. We haven't been hiding in a hole. I've had jiu jitsu training partners who tested positive and took time off. Our kids still play with other kids.

If I had to speculate: we regularly supplement our vitamin D levels above 50, and my wife uses a (doctor recommended) oral/nasal spray containing silver as an early intervention for other issues (silver kills viruses).

Knock on wood ...
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

My family hasn't gotten it yet either. In January 2020 we had added D3 supplements as it does lots of good stuff and it also boosts the immune system. I have worked in a retail store the entire time and had contact with hundreds of people every day. The classics of eating well, staying fit and washing your hands often goes a long long way.

As for masks this is the kind my wife have been wearing the whole time because we take everything seriously.... lol.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5201294...ctive_10&frs=1
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

My wife is just now getting over it, I had it a couple weeks ago. For me it was two days of feeling like crap but it was during the weekend so I just laid low, nothing major just incredibly tired, congestion, overall “not well” feeling, and headache. I immediately took Ivermectin when I realized I was fighting something off and upped my Vitamin C and D intake but was already taking zinc, quercetin, NAC, and several others. I didn’t do anything strenuous the week after just to be safe.

It hit my wife a bit harder, with her spending a few days in bed then losing taste a week later. Between the two of us no fevers or strange symptoms, so we got off relatively easy. No known comorbidities, not overweight.

I will add a data point. Was set to teach stop the bleed and CRASE last Tuesday, had sinus issues (my left septum is almost completely deviated to this isnt unusual to me, but took a test anyway (lots of the folks I would be teaching would be considered at risk due to age etc.), and damn if I dont pop positive. Do a second check with a test from a different lot and get a second confirmation.

Treated with bourbon, coffee, and the occasional cigar. OTC medical treatment, zinc and airborne chews.

Symptoms: Lost sense of smell/taste for about 40 hours (use the cheap bourbon during this period)

No, fever, headache, cramps, sore muscles, etc.

Im over 50, 6'3" 190lbs and fairly fit. Im also back at work (wearing a mask cause the CDC says so if asymptomatic for another few days..... the agency legal says I have to wear it to come back and Im out of chores/tasks/hobbies at the house ) this morning without issue.

A coworker caught it about the same time. He is still at home after a couple of trips to the hospital to get prescribed more stuff. He is experiencing much harsher symptoms including a rash/ skin sensitivity on the torso.

The difference? about 80 lbs and fitness level.

Spent my time working on motorcycles, going through old gear, and dropping down the rabbit hole of youtube. Also took a little ride saturday (at chilly 48 degrees but still a good ride)

Guess that experimental I got back in 1992 is still doing its thing.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

And now that omicron has replaced delta, and has been found to be far less lethal, the CDC's own numbers out of California and New York are destroying the narrative:

https://youtu.be/25-iJKPA1CA

Not seeing much about this from the usual suspects, and the CDC paper was released on 1.19.22.

The needle and the damage done.
    Last edited by Papa; 01-24-2022 at 02:52 PM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:25

It's the fucking flu... get over it. People die of the flu every year. My Grandfather died 22 yrs ago due to the "flu" but... he was 93 yrs old at the time. I have no clue if I had COVID or not... never got tested but, I did have flu symptoms this year. Felt like shit but, I pressed on... just like I did any year before. I think the more we emphasize this... whatever it is, the more it becomes political, and the more the other side wins. Press on brother's!!
    "I'll be your huckleberry"

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    My family hasn't gotten it yet either. In January 2020 we had added D3 supplements as it does lots of good stuff and it also boosts the immune system. I have worked in a retail store the entire time and had contact with hundreds of people every day. The classics of eating well, staying fit and washing your hands often goes a long long way.

As for masks this is the kind my wife have been wearing the whole time because we take everything seriously.... lol.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5201294...ctive_10&frs=1
    Same here. Multi vitamin, Vitamin D, Magnesium (because you can take all the Vitamin D in the world but if you have a magnesium deficiency, you won't absorb it), Zinc and Resveratrol.

I have a side gig in retail, from December 2019-Feb 2020 something tore through the store. I had it, four people in my department had it, two store managers had "pneumonia" and the doctors couldn't figure out why the antibiotics weren't working. All in all, 15-20 employees had......something. One guy was hospitalized for two weeks with "some respiratory thing the doctors couldn't figure out." Six months ago he went in for a physical and they said it was the Rona.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Lots of credible medical experts would disagree. One comorbidity is obesity.
    Yeah, that was poorly worded.

I suspect that *most* of the "co-morbidity" with COVID and obesity is that obese people, as a rule, don't exercise much, don't get outside much, and have a much harder time breathing when their lower lungs are buggered up.

There's a couple of fairly obese marathoners and ultra runners out there, like this woman: https://www.runningfatchef.com/aboutme.html (found by websearch, not someone I "follow"). She works out, she runs a LOT, and she's fat as. But I bet if you could find 1000 people like her, and 1000 "skinny fat" people who don't spend time outdoors, don't get after it in the gym etc. you'd find that the fat people who exercise do better than the skinny people who don't.

And yes, the optimum is to be someone who exercise AND has a body fat percentage under 20% (the inflection point on the all cause mortality charts is about 25%, and there's not a lot of difference between 8% and 20% in terms of health outcomes. You get too low you start having problems).

There's some evidence that Sars-CoV-2 actually causes inflammation of fat cells, which makes it worse, but that was only one study and...well, science these days ain't what we think it used to be.

But when you wind up flat on your back in the hospital eating what passes for "food" in those places (how the f*k they expect people to heal and get healthy on that sort of diet is beyond me), or when you're in a medically induced coma having extra resources to draw on--well, that's why our bodies store fat, to get us through times of famine.

So yeah, my initial comment could have been worded better.

But if you'll excuse me, it's time for my morning ruck with the dog. 30 degrees and snowing. Not going to get a lot of vitamin D out of this one.