Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Innocenti View Post
    ShopMonkey: I was able to get the Timney to a place where no matter what I did, the trigger bar did not slip off the shelf or have any other safety disengagement issues. (Using an OEM dot connector, OEM striker and spring.)

The break was still good, (very little pre-travel) but to MY finger really no better than what SI created with their own NP3 components.

The reset with the Timney remained sluggish. I worked on the angle of connector to housing a bit, at one point getting it too flat and not having the trigger reset, and then getting it to the place where it was less sluggish, but no where near as “positive” feeling as the SI set up. As stated, even when re-setting very very slowly, (which I originally referred to as “milking”), it never failed to reset.

I also played with the angle of the portion of the trigger bar that physically contacts the striker, as Timney has put out information that the angle of this bar in relation to the tab that contacts the connector can cause a “mushy” feeling to the actual break. Again, achieved some improvement, but nothing so earth-shattering as to replace all my EDC Glock triggers.

Several other reviewers have had the same results and made the same comments.

I also ran the Timney with a Tau Development SCD in place, so I could get a visual of just how much more “cocked” the striker when the trigger is reset/at rest. It is a significant amount.

And I did look through the magwell to see where the trigger bar tab was in relation to the safety plunger, and it looked fine.

As for the mark on the primer, I’m going to try that again with the set up that I thought caused it. Reflecting on my drop testing, it is possible that I used a piece of primed brass from previous testing. Sloppy I know. (My apologies.) I thought I did not see any marks on it when I tried it. I might need stronger glasses at my bench, or maybe I should have used my Opti-Visor.

You (and the members of your shop) have far more experience and training than I will ever have in gunsmithing, machining, fabricating, and all the engineering that goes with what you are so good at doing. So I do completely trust what you have tested and documented.

And I also think Timney’s engineers should be truly complimented for what they have done to restructure the way a Glock trigger works. Timney will likely listen to feedback and clean up some of the issues that have been reported.

My point was that as good as the Timney is right now, it is not what has been hyped to be (shocker) and I find that the suite of SI NP3 components to still be the over-all superior trigger set.

Hence my “brilliant soloist” vs a master’s “symphony.”

Post Question: Do you prefer the Lantac connector over the NP3 minus, even with the rest of the NP3 components?

As always, thank you and your shop mates for all the time and diligence in development and delivery of new products.
    mated with our triggers, yes myself and paul prefer the lantac connectors

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    after a lot of hours spent with this thing, i can honestly say, it does not delete the safety of the trigger bar cocking the striker, the gun wouldn't work if that were true.
    Yes, it absolutely does, and you even said as much in your next sentence. I'm not talking about the safety plunger either, I'm talking about the striker being fully cocked or not. It may be "drop safe", but I don't like deleting that feature for a carry gun.

The Timney is a single action trigger, factory Glock is a double action. In a stock Glock (or SI triggers, etc) the trigger pre-travel pulls the striker back until the cruciform drops below the striker leg. With the Timney, the striker stays fully cocked until the cruciform leverages the sear off the striker.

If you can't see this from looking at the mechanism, fit an armorer's plate and watch the striker movement from the rear. It's pretty obvious.

My comparison the the 320 etc can be applied to most other striker fired guns on the market - M&P, PPQ, etc. It's only ignorant if you insist on failing to understand what was said.

I know there's always excitement about new stuff that seems cool at first, but IMO this one dropped the ball. Sorry to offer an opinion that disagrees with yours, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Yondering; 01-21-2022 at 01:22 AM.