Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default SANITIZE YOUR RIDE

I know the discussion has been about obtaining sterile vehicles and all that jazz but the reality is that you probably wont have time for that always. You might need to use your POV to do what you need to do.

To that end...some easily done stuff.

Dont be the soccer mom that carries her entire life in thhe fourwheeled purse. Keep all your identifying docs for the ride in one place. Be able to grab them and take them if you may not be returning.

Nothing left inside should have your name or address. And please avoid those stupid "my kid is an honor student" stickers.

If you keep a war bag in the ride...be able to take it with you. Preemptively taking your plate off would not be a bad thing either. I make a point to always throw something on the dash to obscure a VIN as well...as an SOP.

There is more...but these are a good starting point.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I'd add the following
    - the home button on my GPS will take you to a police station a town away from where I live.
    - I've got a note on how to erase the codes from my garage and gate opener.
    - Note includes how to erase all destinations, routes, home address from GPS
    - My registration and insurance documents are photo copies with the address redacted. They are in a red Magpul Daka and all I have to do is grab that.
    - Road flares in my trunk could be ignited and dropped in the interior to clear out anything I missed

Good point on removing the plates. Worth making sure you have the bits needed as front and back on my are different.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRidder View Post
    I'd add the following
    - the home button on my GPS will take you to a police station a town away from where I live.
    - My registration and insurance documents are photo copies with the address redacted. They are in a red Magpul Daka and all I have to do is grab that.
    - Road flares in my trunk could be ignited and dropped in the interior to clear out anything I missed

Good point on removing the plates. Worth making sure you have the bits needed as front and back on my are different.
    Good idea on using the magpul daka. I’ll be doing this in my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRidder View Post
    I'd add the following

Good idea with redacting the addresses off the paperwork. My stuff is in a low speed package as well.

My "home" on my gps is down the road.

7M3

The only two pieces of vehicle ID are the registration and insurance cards; copies of which are wallet sized and as such carried on person. Accessory items: flashlight, earpro, spare mags, gloves, balaclava, first aid kit, small water bottle, all kept in small discreet easy grab n go 10L backpack. Vehicle pretty much empty otherwise,

Plates can be held on by magnets, you know. The strong rare earth kind if you're bumping along.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

I carry the insurance card on my phone in the app. Registration in a small plastic envelope in the glove compartment. Bag and essentials goes with me. Don't own a car with NAV on purpose, No OnStar or vehicle service subscriptions that use GPS either.

I like the magnets idea. I have a newer car and have those cardboard advertisements they put in the plate frames if I need to drive for awhile without plates.
    Masters in Warfare -- OEF Class of 2002-2003, 2006-2007
    Majors: Offensive Terminal Ballistics and Overseas Bovine Scatology

"Fighting (of any kind) is just high level problem solving with dire physical consequences ."
    Joe Rogan

I come across it all the time where somebody has their insurance digitally on their phone. If I conducted a traffic stop, I'll look at their insurance screen at their window with them and hand their phone right back. If it is a crash and I need it for my report, I'll have them take a screenshot and text/email it to me so I can fill out my crash report at my car. Or alternatively, I'll take a photo of their insurance info with my phone. If they ask to borrow your phone, what they really want is your insurance info, so just offer to text/email a screenshot. Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    There comes a time in every man’s life when he is called upon to do something very special for which he and he alone has the capabilities, has the skills, and has the necessary training. What a pity if the moment finds the man unprepared. —Winston Churchill

Yeah not every cop is that smart and not every cop can be trusted.

No way I am gonna give up my unlocked phone and then play FAFO.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Paper is fine. But if you are digital, tell them they can't have your phone and OFFER to text, email, or have them take a photo. Dont expect them to think of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    There comes a time in every man’s life when he is called upon to do something very special for which he and he alone has the capabilities, has the skills, and has the necessary training. What a pity if the moment finds the man unprepared. —Winston Churchill