Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Everything is for G19. The maker had these already cut. More people carry G19s than G17s. These days gotta go where the dollars go. The clips are not adjustable.

Thank You Sir.

Ordered an Operative and a Minimalist.
    Last edited by NV28; 02-27-2022 at 09:46 AM. Reason: addition
    Many are able, few are willing .

Dirty is exactly why you are here.

Be ready and willing for the unthinkable.

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School ,Mar 6-8-2020,Orange Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    Please share your impressions!
    líve been carrying a Glock 26 in my new minimalist holster quite a bit lately, including into some pretty heavy duty NPEs that did not involve walking through a metal detector. I really like it - comfortable and indeed minimalist, but felt much more secure than the old trigger guard holsters on para cord that always felt like they were going to fall down my pants.

Highly recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by jesselp View Post
    l’ve been carrying a Glock 26 in my new minimalist holster quite a bit lately, including into some pretty heavy duty NPEs that did not involve walking through a metal detector. I really like it - comfortable and indeed minimalist, but felt much more secure than the old trigger guard holsters on para cord that always felt like they were going to fall down my pants.

Highly recommend!
    Did any of that carry involve tucking your shirt, with the clip at least somewhat exposed on the belt? That was my main concern, when I first saw these.

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    Did any of that carry involve tucking your shirt, with the clip at least somewhat exposed on the belt? That was my main concern, when I first saw these.
    No - it's still been sweater weather here in the northeast. Makes hiding things on the belt much easier!

If you MUST tuck in a shirt, you need to consider a few things

1). The shirt must be oversized to hide the pistol and that will always be a sloppy look.
    2). Modern fashions for men are very UNtucked, so unless there is some sort of dress code at work or whatever, consider changing the tucking habit.
    3). If you are going to do the tucking deal, I'd forego all kydex type holsters and opt for a belly band/smart carry type deal. You will still look like a fat f**k wearing it, but not everyone cares about that.
    4). I suspect it is largely due to an NPE situation so in that case, when I have been in such situations, a J-Frame Airweight in the pocket with a couple of speed strips fit the bill.

JMNSHO after an adult life of carrying in some P and NP Es.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    If you MUST tuck in a shirt, you need to consider a few things

1). The shirt must be oversized to hide the pistol and that will always be a sloppy look.
    2). Modern fashions for men are very UNtucked, so unless there is some sort of dress code at work or whatever, consider changing the tucking habit.
    3). If you are going to do the tucking deal, I'd forego all kydex type holsters and opt for a belly band/smart carry type deal. You will still look like a fat f**k wearing it, but not everyone cares about that.
    4). I suspect it is largely due to an NPE situation so in that case, when I have been in such situations, a J-Frame Airweight in the pocket with a couple of speed strips fit the bill.

JMNSHO after an adult life of carrying in some P and NP Es.
    Just a note of agreement with Gabe. Unless I'm wearing a sport jacket or suit, my outermost layer is almost always un-tucked. While not exactly a fashionable dresser, I'm far from a slob and never feel under-dressed.

I was at a social event recently...wearing a tailored suit. It was 90 some degrees so inevitably at some point the coat would come off. I was carrying two J frames. Less than optimal but you cannot go through life wearing multicams and a chest rig.

IMG_20220415_195252_798.jpg
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I usually wear a very light black knit vest over the dress shirt, at the risk of being mistaken for wait staff once I doff the suitcoat.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

I don't frequently tuck my shirt, either; about the only time is when I'm wearing a suit. I've tucked with the NPE paracord holster, but it results in the tuck not looking particularly clean. Once I start working, I'll have to tuck my shirt nearly every day Thought about a belly band but prefer to remain looking at least somewhat trim and fit. Might be time to get a J-frame.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

I just bought the Phlster Enigma for the SO. She has worn it every day all day for the last 2 weeks with a G43. She is totally enthralled! Iíve tried it and was pleasantly suprised. Grossly overpriced but worth every penny.