Default AMTAC Minuteman.

I hate folders. Never have been crazy about them. I prefer fixed blades. When the AMTAC northman came out I thought it was the greatest thing ever. A small fixed blade with the convenience of a folder. I carried mine constantly and even bought the bigger belt knife, the magnus, for field use.
    Thanksgiving 2020 the minuteman was announced. Still pocketable but slightly larger than the northman with a much more comfortable handle like the magnus.

The 20cv blade holds up well, but is kind of a bitch to sharpen on the rare occasion it needs it.

The full flat ground blade is fantastic in utility performance. The spear shape blade is a solid worker.

The only real downside to this item is that it's expensive. Most good things are. The knife with the best sheath and trainer is 550 and the pocket sheath was another 95. I find it to be worth it, but not everyone will.

I would like a partially serrated option like on the northman.

If you decide to get one skip the pocket sheath and get the deep concealment sheath. It is a better pocket sheath. It was not available when I originally got my pocket sheath.

Got pictures?

I have a Northman and just trained with Rapier at his place in Idaho. Got to say I wish I'd waited for the minute man, much better size and as you say still fits in the pocket. Rapier explained the handle is flat so it integrates with a firearm.

They are not cheep and the next batch it going to cost more as the price of the materials has gone up

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRidder View Post
    I have a Northman and just trained with Rapier at his place in Idaho. Got to say I wish I'd waited for the minute man, much better size and as you say still fits in the pocket. Rapier explained the handle is flat so it integrates with a firearm.

They are not cheep and the next batch it going to cost more as the price of the materials has gone up
    I already ordered one of each model out of the upcoming batch during his Thanksgiving sale. I figured the price was going up.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavySmoke View Post
    ...skip the pocket sheath and get the deep concealment sheath. It is a better pocket sheath. It was not available when I originally got my pocket sheath.
    I have the Northman w/ pocket sheath. No deep concealment sheath existed when I bought it. What makes it better in the pocket, in your experience?
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    I have the Northman w/ pocket sheath. No deep concealment sheath existed when I bought it. What makes it better in the pocket, in your experience?
    I does not have the fire starter or any of the extra pocket stuff. Takes up less pocket space. The deep concealment sheath for the northman models ship in February

For those who like the design of the knife but don’t wish to pay $500+ there are a few very similar alternatives:

1: The “stubby” from Hard Ready brands. Cost $97 but does not currently have a trainer. The sheath would also need modification if you want to pocket carry the knife.
    7C45BF78-D6A9-479E-ABD6-E9F4AE56112D.jpg

2) The Spyderco Enuff. $130ish. No trainer available.
    40C7EC23-DE8D-40B5-80B4-421CB6557B27.jpeg

3) Sog Instinct $30. Much smaller and the steel is a lesser quality but the sheath is surprisingly good and is a very decent budget option.
    25188B84-A789-498D-8215-2040383B6CBA.jpeg

AMTAC knives are high quality and very well designed but not everyone can (or wants to) spend $500+ on a tool to stab people with. Just a few other options for such people to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    For those who like the design of the knife but don’t wish to pay $500+ there are a few very similar alternatives:

1: The “stubby” from Hard Ready brands. Cost $97 but does not currently have a trainer. The sheath would also need modification if you want to pocket carry the knife.
    7C45BF78-D6A9-479E-ABD6-E9F4AE56112D.jpg

2) The Spyderco Enuff. $130ish. No trainer available.
    40C7EC23-DE8D-40B5-80B4-421CB6557B27.jpeg

3) Sog Instinct $30. Much smaller and the steel is a lesser quality but the sheath is surprisingly good and is a very decent budget option.
    25188B84-A789-498D-8215-2040383B6CBA.jpeg

AMTAC knives are high quality and very well designed but not everyone can (or wants to) spend $500+ on a tool to stab people with. Just a few other options for such people to consider.
    I can't speak for the hard ready, and the spyderco enuff is a solid knife, but the SOG is just acceptance of mediocrity. That's a Chinese made hunk of shit.