Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another new one from Savage

https://savagearms.com/content?p=firearms&a=Stance

Well, guess itís time to sell more new products into an already crowded market space.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.
    Virtute et Armis

I don't get the value prop. Not a whole lot cheaper but with same capability as a competitor or with a whole lot more capability for same price. Would love to have been at the product management meeting when they dreamed this up

All I want to see or hear about from Savage/Stevens:

Bolt action rifles, 99s, 24 O/Us, 311Rs.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

I'm convinced that the American firearms industry has little or no comprehension of the market they are selling to. I'm old enough to remember them trotting out bolt-action rifles chambered for the 'new, improved' cartridge of the year (which did nothing that existing cartridges already did well) - while the public was buying ARs and AKs by the truckload. Today, it's the Clone-of-Glock craze. Damned few of which are any improvement at all.

The S&W CSX? It might not be an improvement, but you have to give them credit for at least trying.

Everyone wants a piece of the pie, this thing looks like a Taurus and a mossberg had an offspring. And now with federal releasing a new “concealed carry” round, I’m sure savage won’t be the last...

A "concealed carry" pistol with a row of holes down the sides of the slide? That's great. That way you can get all sorts of pocket lint, sand, boogers and whatever else their target market wants inside there.

I agree with Papa. Savage could stick to what they do well and that would be fine by me.

[QUOTE=jlwilliams;1991610]A "concealed carry" pistol with a row of holes down the sides of the slide? That's great. That way you can get all sorts of pocket lint, sand, boogers and whatever else their target market wants inside there.
    [QUOTE]

On that note, a brief detour. Even if you carry your pocket gun in a pocket holster, check both holster and gun for pocket lint or other material daily-daily. Found a ball of lint in my 642's muzzle, found more in the very end of my old leather pocket holster.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

The ONLY thing I ever want to see from Savage is new .308WIN Model 99s with take-down barrels.

Is this another one for the empty chamber carriers?
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018