Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    Brother, with my retail business I've learned Latino's love getting a few of those in their change. It's a cultural thing I guess.
    Getting two-dollar notes in your change is supposed to bring good luck.

I was told back in the day that the squids --- I mean Navy --- got paid with $2 bills.

During the big ice storm a few years ago, EVERYONE with in 50 miles had not power. SO card were worthless. Cash was the only way!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post

I was told back in the day that the squids --- I mean Navy --- got paid with $2 bills.

Norfolk, Virginia. Local businesses complained about sailors being a lot of trouble. The Navy paid everyone in $2 bills. They publish a one page ad in the local paper. The ad encouraged shop owners to count their $2 bills at the end of the month. The complaining stopped.
    And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Steven Spaugh

You have to have some walking around money at all times, even when you are overseas. When in Africa most of the people and even the government officials didn't want their worthless cash they wanted US cash and if they waited a few days their US cash was "worth" even more. In Greece you could book a tour for $50 bucks online and then pay cash for the rest to get around the Greek taxes for the operator. Thanks Jonathon for the reminder to try and not leave a digital trail all the time.
    Don Marbach
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

Yup always keep $75-$100 in cash in pocket and a couple $20 in the wallet. I used to keep two $50 in the wallet but so many people balk at breaking anything bigger than a $20 its troublesome and it almost falls into that dont carry anything unusual rule.

Im looking to add gift cards and a burner flip phone to the "contingency bag". Ive always had cash in it but plastic makes for a faster exfil from retail places with all the eye in the sky cams, and with personal checkouts now no interaction with a breathing person who could later finger you...just watch the cam at the self serve register ;^). Im sure there are some creative ways to subvert that.

7M3

One should always carry cash. The amount will vary depending on travel, location, anticipated use, etc. Locally, wandering about my neighborhood, the amount will differ from what I would carry if I were in city abc or country xyz.

Accumulate your cash gradually, making weekly withdrawals of more than you spend, A sudden large withdrawal is a red flag.
    DPS
    PSP
    CRG
    KRG
    0-5
    TASI
    APSP

Cash IS king. US cash at least for now is the the top of the line. A few threads ago we discussed getting into, or out of sudden NPE. You came in on the train, plane, car parked in the oversized parking garage now ground zero for the next riot/demonstration.

Do you have enough cash for the no tell motel? A decent meal? A couple of screwdrivers at wally world or ace (remember to mask up, theres rona out there) ? Or maybe getting out, even back to your state means buying a $2500 clunker on craigslist and driving back with cash (dont have to change the plates, if stopped your insurance already covers it..... dont get stopped ;) then dumping, crushing, or parking the ride elsewhere.

I usually have about 4 grand in a money belt and another 500-600 in a money clip. The belt is for big problems, the clip for small ones.

When in the .mil conus, I did a couple PCS via ditty move (.gov pays you to move your own shit), I would buy a crappy truck (in one case el camino) throw a couple hundred bucks at the basics, and use that to haul what I needed. Sold it when I arrived at my new station. Nowadays you could even look at what is bringing higher value in the area you are moving to, like a rust free car from Arizona on the way to Utah.

Heck I know one dude that because you are paid by weight on a ditty move, that might have had a water bladder (the 500 gallon type) hidden behind the boxes in his uhaul when he weighed in. Filled, weighed, drained, moved, filled, weighed, paid. That guy knew the system.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    One should always carry cash. The amount will vary depending on travel, location, anticipated use, etc. Locally, wandering about my neighborhood, the amount will differ from what I would carry if I were in city abc or country xyz.

Cash and a good weapon can solve a lot of life's problems.

Having smoothed out various problems with cash before, there is also a certain finesse that helps pull it off.

Every Gentleman Killer here should try it if they haven't already...

I got the shit beat out of me once and got my phone stolen. I dont recall how much money I had on me, but they took everything that was in my pockets and my shoes. I was 17, I think. It was back when the original RAZR Motorola phone was hot shit, if yall remember tjose things.

Since then, I have never carried anything I would be really concerned about losing in my regular pockets and my phone is a cheap-o.

I was targetted I think because I was working at a Dennys as a waiter and walked out with cash at night.