Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunstore Commando View Post
    Thought question -- why are they not waiting this ramp-up until a lot closer to the mid-year elections?
    My guess is so it can coincide with the regular flu season.

The Delta variant was foisted upon Americans at the start of the warmer summer season, but people looked around, saw that nothing changed and ignored the administration and Fauci. Running the new variant alongside the common flu season will give the media the ammunition to mischaracterize the flu for covid variant, amplify the fear factor and keep the narrative alive, something they were unable to do successfully with the Delta.

From what I see, this is the variant you want to get. Very mild, easily treated, leads to natural immunity. But the new panic is to go do every single thing that didn't work, doesn't work, and will not work. Again. Groundhog Day.

1. WHO is making money on the shot and new "treatments"? By who I mean not only the companies but also who owns stock (aka how many in government are getting a pay back for pushing this)
    2. They KNOW that the virus is about run its course. It will not be going away but they know their scare tactics are no longer working. They have to gin up some more fear to keep their control and power. Since the have learned how easy most folks will bow to them when they declare an emergency- then every thing will be an emergency.
    3. I expect next big fear push will be over the flu!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

When news of the new omicron variant came out, my first reaction was, great ! Another viral mutation, outstanding ! Fast forward some stock research on biologics, antivirals, therapeutic modalities, bioscience technologies, and the like. BINGO ! Found a company Monday morning, purchased shares at 21 sold tues afternoon at 63, now its leveled at 45-47 range. Enough profit for new lambo Aventador ! A variation on the adage I read here, 'every measure has a counter measure' well, that has varied applications. The .gov wants to limit my ability to earn $ via lockdowns and restrictions, ok, I'll look for ways to make $$$ :-) THAT is my counter measure.

btw, ADGI is the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    1. WHO is making money on the shot and new "treatments"? By who I mean not only the companies but also who owns stock (aka how many in government are getting a pay back for pushing this)
    From the Open Secrets Blog which collects and publishes political financial disclosure statements.
    "On the campaign trail, Rep. Joe Kennedy III (D-Mass.) casts himself as a fighter who takes on big pharma. His disclosure shows he’s profited from rising drug prices. Last year, he reported owning up to $2.1 million in stock in pharmaceutical and health products companies in a family trust. Those include industry giants such as Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Abbott Laboratories, Eli Lilly & Co and Pfizer.

Pfizer is one of the most popular stocks in Congress, with 48 lawmakers placing their bet on the drugmaker that hikes its prices each year. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.), the second most senior congressman, reported holding between $1 million and $5 million in Pfizer stock. Forty-seven lawmakers reported investing in Johnson & Johnson, despite the drugmaker’s role in the devastating opioid epidemic."

Quote Originally Posted by Cacti Rat View Post
    From the Open Secrets Blog which collects and publishes political financial disclosure statements.
    "On the campaign trail, Rep. Joe Kennedy III (D-Mass.) casts himself as a fighter who takes on big pharma. His disclosure shows he’s profited from rising drug prices. Last year, he reported owning up to $2.1 million in stock in pharmaceutical and health products companies in a family trust. Those include industry giants such as Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Abbott Laboratories, Eli Lilly & Co and Pfizer.

Pfizer is one of the most popular stocks in Congress, with 48 lawmakers placing their bet on the drugmaker that hikes its prices each year. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.), the second most senior congressman, reported holding between $1 million and $5 million in Pfizer stock. Forty-seven lawmakers reported investing in Johnson & Johnson, despite the drugmaker’s role in the devastating opioid epidemic."

For an individual to have that amount in one company is not that unusual, maybe 50k shares. And, Pfizer hasn't really appreciated that much despite the covid vax development. Late 2020, I purchased shares at -/+ 32-35, currently its at the 53-54 mark, so less than a 50% gain over a two year period, which is respectable but not astronomical as some would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post

For an individual to have that amount in one company is not that unusual, maybe 50k shares. And, Pfizer hasn't really appreciated that much despite the covid vax development. Late 2020, I purchased shares at -/+ 32-35, currently its at the 53-54 mark, so less than a 50% gain over a two year period, which is respectable but not astronomical as some would suggest.

Took a chance and bought hertz when bankruptcy was looming at around a dollar per share, sold about a week later at a little over seven. Not bad for a quick turn around. Bought MGM at around 12, sold some at 36, still holding some. I dont have the mad skills you do in this realm, but if you look out there and figure on human nature, there are deals to be had.

Cruise stock has dropped enough that it might be worth another go (I still have most of the majors that were purchased at around 9-12 ) Ive bought and sold CCL, NCLH, and RCL several times over the course of the coof though that will likely be a term of about a year, with a couple of profit taking opportunities.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Welcome to day 624 of The Occupation. (15 days to slow the spread, or the beginning of the Great Reset, your pick.)
    VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

Yet again the powers that be are ignoring natural immunity. I had covid back in February , and my wife did not catch it. Fast forward to the last 2 months, she got it pretty bad. She stayed out of the hospital thank god, but her lungs really took a hammering she's still dealing with. Point is I was with her the whole time, her coughing right next to me, and I didn't get sick.......

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Wen, Quest, Schaffner, Cramer:

Kindly go fuck yourselves.

To death.
    This
    Play stupid games... Win stupid prizes...