Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default SOFTWARE V HARDWARE

Yes...I know the old story of the indian and the arrow. And yes...skills are the most important aspect of this, but proper equipment will not only help you develop those skills but also express them better. That said, we have been discussing streetcraft in light of the new hostilities in the ongoing CW2. So guys list items upon items of useful kit...and I agree that having some of these things on hand would be great...but I believe the most valuable piece of gear in internal. It is an open, devious, and devilish mind.

The reality is that other than vehicle carry...and having to go get something (which dictates a proactive response), we will often find ourselves in a situation for which we are not specifically prepared. And in that moment we will have to adapt and use what we have or can find. An example is the carry of medical gear. All easily done in your 5.11 tuxedo, patrol uniform, or Kuhl attire...but what about when you are out to dinner with a lady...or at a social function requiring suit and tie? Unlikely you will have your four additional mags, Randall Knife, squad level trauma kit and 300 BO "pistol" with you.

So what then?

This is where the open, devious and devilish mind comes in. Americans are trained since birth to obey, do as they are told, stand here but not there, that sort of thing. The entire fabric of society is based on rule compliance and the so called "honor system"...as if obeying arbitrary rules unconditionally was somehow honorable.

So consider first how those arbitrary rules might contribute to a tactically unsound situation. Be open to the realistic possibilities. Did nobody think an SUV could drive through a parade? Specially the police? Be open to how the rules, laws and directives may create an untenable and dangerous environment...and then figure out ways to circumvent them.

Americans also have the concept of the straight forward direct attack firmly locked in their minds. Maybe from the era of John Wayne and Audie Murphy. But that was Hollywood and the indirect attack is often the best avenue for success. The man with the well concealed Walther PPK will not get a second look as he enters the establishment that prominently displays the "No Guns" sign...but the gent in the gun clothes with the overly large "duty gun" might not. Be devious. Your mission is to accomplish your mission...whatever it may be...not to challenge a law or a rule.

Finally...think like an outlaw, a thug, or a criminal. The rules are not an impediment to them, so do not let them be an impediment to you. Stand where you please...go in the out door...do things like that and get your mind right about doing them. Let go of the Dudley Do-Right mentality as it will not serve you in the coming struggles. As the British SBS motto says..."Not By Strength - By Guile"
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Disallow: Deny, Disclaim, Ignore, Evade, Dismiss, Proscribe, Exclude, Refuse.

Guile: Artfulness, Caginess, Devious, Craft, Subtle, Clever, Deception, Subterfuge, Shrewd, Cunning.
    Many are able, few are willing .

Dirty is exactly why you are here.

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School ,Mar 6-8-2020,Orange Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post

Finally...think like an outlaw, a thug, or a criminal. The rules are not an impediment to them, so do not let them be an impediment to you. Stand where you please...go in the out door...do things like that and get your mind right about doing them. Let go of the Dudley Do-Right mentality as it will not serve you in the coming struggles. As the British SBS motto says..."Not By Strength - By Guile"
    Man, I really hope for good peoples' sake they already have grasped this. If not, they are well behind the curve and it will cost them and the ones they love.
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

If you can't weaponize a red swingline stapler...
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Man, I'd be tempted to grab a shoestring, tie the stapler to it, and then make some remark about swinging it on a line while beating my adversary about the head and shoulders. Makeshift flail. "Hey, Mr. Commie, why do you keep flailing about? Worried I'll swing my line at you?"

(I'll see myself out now.)

My God, I have one within one foot of me right now...imagine the possibilities.

If I'm in a place where that's an option there's a LOT of better things to grab.

I'd rather beat someone with an office quality keyboard (or better yet one of those old IBM keyboards) than a stapler.

I just don't see it surviving more than a hit or two, and cutting/beating up my hands as it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOblivion View Post
    If I'm in a place where that's an option there's a LOT of better things to grab.

I'd rather beat someone with an office quality keyboard (or better yet one of those old IBM keyboards) than a stapler.

I just don't see it surviving more than a hit or two, and cutting/beating up my hands as it goes.
    1s and 2s brother with that stapler. You would be amazed.

Yeah but everything else isn't as funny when you want to make an Office Space reference lol.

Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

What a pity they don't make those old Bell System rotary dial phones any more. Man, you could have beaten a grizzly bear to death with one of those things.