Default Non-Permissive EDC

JonathonNobody brought up his great series "Tool of the Trade" and Physical Currency was one of the topics. This is a long vid that goes into detail of non-permissive EDC and mindset. It is well worth your time. He first talks about having value ( cash, card and gold) with you, and then goes into a great discussion of his EDC pocket dump and talks in depth about improvised Everyday Carry options, the importance of mindset, cover story, and becoming the gray man.

Ed Calderon's Bio For over a decade he worked in the fields of counter-narcotics, organized crime investigation, and public safety in the northern border region of Mexico. During this period he also coordinated and worked executive protection details for high-level government officials and visiting dignitaries often in some of the most dangerous parts of the country.

Start it at 3:10 in.

<font size="3"><span style="font-family: comic sans ms">
    Don Marbach
    Scottsdale, AZ

LMTFA+

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

Quote Originally Posted by CaptShack View Post
    JonathonNobody brought up his great series "Tool of the Trade" and Physical Currency was one of the topics. This is a long vid that goes into detail of non-permissive EDC and mindset. It is well worth your time. He first talks about having value ( cash, card and gold) with you, and then goes into a great discussion of his EDC pocket dump and talks in depth about improvised Everyday Carry options, the importance of mindset, cover story, and becoming the gray man.

Ed Calderon's Bio For over a decade he worked in the fields of counter-narcotics, organized crime investigation, and public safety in the northern border region of Mexico. During this period he also coordinated and worked executive protection details for high-level government officials and visiting dignitaries — often in some of the most dangerous parts of the country.

Start it at 3:10 in.

<font size="3"><span style="font-family: comic sans ms">
    Tagging this thing to listen to later. This sounds neat.

Environmentally Sourced Modified Object LOL I like it.

The mexican nunchucks were interesting also.

The knife part reminded me of someone heres discussion about overseas travel and picking one up when they arrived then chucking when they left. Right down to the cardboard sheath. Interesting carry technique.

7M3

Great video. Worth the time to watch. He touched on an off beat point that is one I've been meaning to post about. He has a couple magic tricks he uses as ice breakers to get a conversation going or for other reasons. I've been practicing magic for a few years and it does have profound effects on exercising your deception abilities. Also liked when he talks about having people pan handle as part of urban survival training. I've never done it but I'm 100% sure it is an eye opening experience.

At the height of the COVID lock down I found myself cooking in my hotel due to closed restaurants and limited selections. This morphed way beyond “lean cuisine in the microwave.” Which lead to buying a knife every week due to flying to my destinations. A habit I have stuck with. I can’t say as I have made the leap to Pioneer Woman, but I have found you can get a decent full tang carbon blade for $10 at Walmart very easy. Most come with a plastic slip on sheath. (Not stab through, but works in a back pocket. You can thumb it off, or flick it hard.) it only took one time for that to turn into EDC once acquired.

That and a set of Klein “phone-man” scissors I CAN fly with, and I feel I have stabby things covered for travel.

I used to have a collection of large heavy pens bought at news vendors once through screening. Back in the days when drink service let you keep the can, I'd fold it into an interesting pointy shape and store it in the seat pocket.

I considered these to be weapon acquisition devices.

One time use only.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:25

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Mary 3 View Post
    Environmentally Sourced Modified Object LOL I like it.

The mexican nunchucks were interesting also.

The knife part reminded me of someone heres discussion about overseas travel and picking one up when they arrived then chucking when they left. Right down to the cardboard sheath. Interesting carry technique.

7M3
    Even with kitchen knives, using the plastic package as a make-shift sheath, wrapped with tape, make a hole, and some hiking shoe string looped to a belt. Also a carbiner option for quicker attachment / release.

Where’s the video

I took his Blackbox training back around 2017. Impossible to verify his background and if his legit or just good at researching criminal behavior and critical thinking.

He does fit the mindset of this forum is that one should stop thinking like a choir boy and more like out and outlaw. So his a good source of some dark arts.