Default Best light for Gen. 5 G17

Looking for recommendations for the best light to mount on my Gen. 5 G17. There are a lot of choices out there now.

Sheesh, yes there are.. intended envelope and carry?

This isn’t being a dick , but an honest question as it WILL impact light choice
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Haven't looked recently at holsters. Sure won't be for IWB carry. So OWB carry, winter concealment mostly. Not a uniform guy anymore.

An older Surefire X300 just not the new 1000 lumen version.
    Lumens output have made some options impractical. I have 2 X300 lights, a 180 lumen version for home and a 600 lumen version for outside the house. (No I don't switch them around, they are on different guns) for my house 600 lumen is way too bright. The gun world will argue you can't have too bright a light.... I call BS, next time you wake up to piss run your flashlight through your house after being asleep for a couple hours, it will answer those questions for you immediately. I still don't trust rechargeable batteries, maybe I'm wrong but I only go through about $25 in batteries a year buying the Surfure CR123. The CR123 are proven.

I know many like the streamlight stuff. I personally have have had every streamlight light product I've owned fail and I don't abuse gear. So for that reason I don't buy their stuff anymore.

The weapon light world basically has gone full retard so finding something "good" isn't as easy as it should be.

Holster options are something to be considered as well. Lots of folks making holsters but few are any good. The good ones don't make a holster for all new lights on the market. Look through tenicor's website and see what options they have.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by OldLawman View Post
    Haven't looked recently at holsters. Sure won't be for IWB carry. So OWB carry, winter concealment mostly. Not a uniform guy anymore.
    Curious as to why you're so set on the setup not being a/iwb

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Never carried AIWB since 1981. Too uncomfortable for me.

Not IWB, as I find full size glocks too fat and square that way. Been carrying 1911/BHP/G48 IWB.

I run a Surefire X300 Ultra, a modlite PL350 and a surefire XC1. The X300U is great - easy on and off and very bright. The Modlite is harder to take on and off but has real throw. The XC1 is weak but does not take up too much room in your pants. I use JM Kydex appendix rig for the XC1 and Philster spotlight work for both the PL350 and X300U