Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    After the past years nonsense, Floyd bs, Anita & blm 'demonstrations, etc my vehicle/daily carry items have been minimal. On person, the daily usual items, pistol (g19 rmr) wallet, keys, phone, Bic lighter, small flashlight, spare mag and fixed blade. In vehicle, small discreet sling bag w/spare mags, water bottle, pepper spray, grey t-shirt, very lightweight hoodie ( south Fl after all), gaiter/bandana ear pro, spare glasses, and baseball cap. No forms of id, such as registration, insurance etc are in vehicle, all are wallet sized on person. If poor, acute, unavoidable circumstances develop and have to abandon vehicle, just grab and go ! Side note, always wearing comfortable footwear in the event a long walk is necessary.

some random thoughts on things mentioned above: I'm currently in a hotel in a shitty little town in Louisiana; last night I'm walking back from the gas station next door when a tweaker looking fella is walking towards me on the same path with his hands in his pocket. I obviously notice him and I must have looked like I didn't like the way he looked because he immediately took his hands out of his pockets showed them to me and apologized. He then gave me a wide birth on the path. I wasn't intentionally trying to give him a fright but I obviously did by the way I held myself and the fact that I noticed him. My guess is by the way that he showed me his hands that he had spent some time in jail. Look dangerous, or at a minimum be alert and aware. Even better, do it always and it will happen instinctively.

I think it was coastalcop that mention tactical clothing changes. Once upon a time I was doing a job that required doing some work on one side of the border with mexico then crossing back into the US. When I was in Mexico I would wear a Jersey or something similar while doing my thing, as soon as I was clear I would duck into someplace quite, dump the jersey into a small pack, revealing a polo shirt, and put on a decent looking but well worn ball cap, and proceed the rest of the way to the border. If I thought I was being followed I would dump the pack in a garbage can. It's amazing how different you can look with a clothing change as simple as that. Once across the border no more worries, but the risk getting back was non-zero. I don't know if it was the best streetcraft, but I do know by the fact that I am typing this today, that it worked.
    Semper Fi!

For Florida or other coastal climes a “baja jacket”. Is a fair substitute for a hoodie. I wouldn’t select one in the usual color scheme ( a unicorn shit a rainbow on my jacket). Unless you are looking for a major change and plan to ditch the jacket. But they are made in more subtle color schemes and are accepted in most coastal areas, especially the closer the community you are in is to the water . Hell I can pick up a Baja jacket ( and did) at a gas station in Del Rio ( needed something cheap and comfortable when hanging outside the motel with my buds on a motorcycle trip) I imagine others found jerseys and such at local kiosks ( the same place the locals buy them)

The ones I prefer have a front hand warmer pocket that is pass through to either side as it makes it easy to have hand on Gun with either hand and hides it pretty effectively ( j frame type concealed hammer).

In the Midwest carhartts makes a hoodie and a popper jacket for the same reason.

Plan your area, don’t be a low pants gang banger at a rodeo ;)
    Last edited by coastalcop; 11-18-2021 at 06:13 PM.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

[QUOTE=coastalcop;1989045]For Florida or other coastal climes a “baja jacket”. Is a fair substitute for a hoodie."

Had to look up "Baja jacket", have never seen anyone wear one in south Florida ... long sleeve t-shirt material hoodie more 'local' discreet attire; but appreciate the suggestion...maybe for my Cali visits!

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    In the Midwest carhartts makes a hoodie and a popper jacket for the same reason.
    If you’re trying to blend as an average, carhartt wearing, working man; make sure it’s not brand new. Lots of people who don’t work at all own them as well but don’t expect to pass as a construction worker or farmer if your jacket looks factory starched. Just like real cowboys can pick out factory shined boots vs spit shined
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOblivion View Post
    There are GPS jammers on the market. I wonder how hard it would be to build one that was *just* enough power that when you place it on the or right next to the GPS receiver in the car it buggers it up, but does not have enough range to mangle anything much beyond that.
    I have one that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket. It works well enough to stop the in car gps from working. I have also seen USB powered versions.

On clothing.

Conside Grosskreutz (Second place winner at the Kenosha Quick Draw Contest). He is wearing a hat that says PARAMEDIC. On first glance people take that as a fact...this guy is a paramedic
    I once wore a priest collar when doing a survelance.

Clothing can put ideas in people's minds. What does a wondbreaker with SECURITY suggest...or other paraphernalia that attracts a perspective that immediately removes the suspicion that may fall upon you?

What would a criminal do?
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

On more discreet urban transportation, instead of vehicles—

I wonder if the rise of e-bikes and scooters might be useful. They are quiet, yet some can go pretty fast and have a lot of potential distance. This allows one to get off traditional roads to clear a trail or not get bogged down in traffic. Even better if you can travel a long distance on a bike path that has lots of entries and exits. Or, one of these could easily be carried on public transportation or thrown in the back of your car.

Also, where I am, smaller gas mopeds/scooters don’t need to be formally registered and driven with a plate. And you can wear motorcycle helmets that completely obscure your features.

All of these types of vehicles are not uncommon up here in the urban Northeast.
    Last edited by cabinfever; 11-19-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabinfever View Post
    On more discreet urban transportation, instead of vehicles—I wonder if the rise of e-bikes and scooters might be useful.
    Bikes in general
    • Extremely maneuverable.
    • Can go where motor vehicles cant.
    • Can, in most cases, out pace foot pursuit.
    • Is common in high density communities.
    • Is disposable.

Thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by cabinfever View Post
    On more discreet urban transportation, instead of vehicles—

I wonder if the rise of e-bikes and scooters might be useful. They are quiet, yet some can go pretty fast and have a lot of potential distance. This allows one to get off traditional roads to clear a trail or not get bogged down in traffic. Even better if you can travel a long distance on a bike path that has lots of entries and exits. Or, one of these could easily be carried on public transportation or thrown in the back of your car.

Also, where I am, smaller gas mopeds/scooters don’t need to be formally registered and driven with a plate. And you can wear motorcycle helmets that completely obscure your features.

All of these types of vehicles are not uncommon up here in the urban Northeast.
    One of my former rehab clients used an E-Bike for E and E after a major robbery. The dummy got away clean but kept the bike at his mom’s house, so it was a simple matter for the LEO’s to apprehend the tweaker. ��

jim
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22