Default Took the SL-5 out for a test

Met up with Papa and we did a little shooting. We also messed with the pump guns. I found some things that worked and didn't work with the mods I had done.

Compared the SL-5 to Papa's Beretta 1301 and they are pretty darn similar. I know the SL-5 is a M2 clone, but it makes me wonder how that all ties in. The SL-5 is sold by Saur, but made by Breda. If in the little reading I have done it looks like Breda made the bolt design that Benelli and Beretta use?

The SL-5 worked flawless on the rounds I used. The shotgun is very light and feels good in the hands. Comparing it to the 1301 the barrel and receiver lengths were the same, but the 1301 had a shorter stock. I might switch to a shorter stock in the future. I am very happy with my purchase.

I also had a lot of fun shooting with Papa at his rubber dummies.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLeg0811 View Post
    Met up with Papa and we did a little shooting. We also messed with the pump guns. I found some things that worked and didn't work with the mods I had done.

Compared the SL-5 to Papa's Beretta 1301 and they are pretty darn similar. I know the SL-5 is a M2 clone, but it makes me wonder how that all ties in. The SL-5 is sold by Saur, but made by Breda. If in the little reading I have done it looks like Breda made the bolt design that Benelli and Beretta use?

The SL-5 worked flawless on the rounds I used. The shotgun is very light and feels good in the hands. Comparing it to the 1301 the barrel and receiver lengths were the same, but the 1301 had a shorter stock. I might switch to a shorter stock in the future. I am very happy with my purchase.

I also had a lot of fun shooting with Papa at his rubber dummies.
    Lessons learned: the two autos are roughly equivalent and both are pretty darned good. Sight picture identical. Manual of arms identical. Want your crossbolt safety to the rear of the trigger guard? SIG. To the front? 1301.

Also: "Lefty," my assembled 870 with the LH trigger group, will not eject fired 3" plastic shells--not part of its normal diet. Visual inspection of the receiver revealed a 2 3/4" ejector. Mystery solved.

It was fun and we kept going until darkness shut us down. No ill effects except for minor pain in right shoulder. More muscle needed there. Working on it.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20