Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trying to understand something...

Looking at different verses in the Bible, God has fought and will fight for and along side His people that follow Him. Have any of you guys ever experienced God's intervention in a fight and knew it? Would you mind telling about it if you can? Trying to understand a little bit of how this works...thanks. PM is fine also. Much appreciated.
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

Short answer, yes. Long answer will have to wait a bit.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Good and innocent people suffer due to wicked people in scripture on a regular basis. The righteous suffer due to the wicked, and the wicked benefit due to the righteous, in spite of their wickedness.

See the Exodus story.

That's a deep question.
    But it gets easier if you understand our talents and abilities come from Him in the first place.
    Also, our fight/fights, as we are told are not physical but spiritual, see Ephesians, as such I believe there is a supernatural element to fighting.
    I think all believers are given what they need when they need it but we have to take responsibility and develop the abilities we were gifted with. We can squander our gifts, as such there are consequences.

My POV these days...fuck the "wicked people" before they do it to you. The whole "righteous man" image is how Biden "won" the election. Keep your righteous. And you know my feelings on the other side. Time to take care of our own thing here and now and stop cloud gazing.

Does God get involved? Maybe. Maybe not. Iam not going to stand around either way.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Gabe

If you were the pastor, I would still be going to church.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Time to take care of our own thing here and now and stop cloud gazing.

Does God get involved? Maybe. Maybe not. Iam not going to stand around either way.
    I understand. I think we are going to need some help though.
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    I understand. I think we are going to need some help though.
    We do need help, but that help you need may have already been given to you. You have to do your part in developing that gift and ability. Are there times where God just shows up and does the work? Sure, there are times that can happen. I'd suggest looking at David a Goliath. David had a skill and a mindset already developed before his battle. God didn't use a lazy beggar to kill the enemy, he used a honed and disciplined man for his killing.
    We need to be that honed and disciplined man.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by macho mouse View Post
    Gabe

If you were the pastor, I would still be going to church.

If I was a pastor, the feds would be raiding the church
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    If I was a pastor, the feds would be raiding the church
    Or vice versa.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20