Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NP3 is your friend.

If it was economically viable, I would send just about everything I own to SI for NP3 treatment. Whether it’s on a boat or not. Corrosion resistant, lubricious, easier to clean, runs smoother…win win win.

One of my PGOs is top to bottom NP3, it’s the slickest thing I own.

Even if you just get certain parts coated, like a bolt, it makes a difference.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    OK...some good answers and some biden-stupid answers. Here are mine -

What is the objective? To repell pirates and have a cool story? If so, here is what i would suggest.

1. Never post anything about it to maintain plausible deniability.
    2. Find out what region is most likely to have maritime hijacking, and what sort of vessel is most attractive
    3. Obtain that type of vessel and hang out on the X regularly giving the impression that you are a lazy drunk boater with a rolex.
    4. secretly fortify your vessel in a plausible manner. Have other friends aboard who are in line with your philosophy.
    5. Be armed with the weapons likely to be carried by a casual boater...pistols...maybe a shotgun maybe a rifle.

Then set the ambush and wait. When set upon, give them the opportunity to act first...maybe even have it on a casual boating video. Then dump the fuck out of them...call the police in shock and mission completed

Think it can't be done exactly like that? That was the MO of Crime Suppression Teams all over the world.

If your mission is to protect your boat it is simpler.

Don't go boating in shitty waters.
    Don't dock in shady docks.
    Have the same shit with you that you normally have.

If your focus has to be maritime protection instead of gazing at the Crossfit Ladies in their thongs, you probably picked the wrong place to go. JMHO
    I think we have all decided for you, definetly a pontoon with a stripper pole.... Plus your old lady needs to have one stripper friend, that’s a rule and you take her with you....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Just saying, use her as a distraction for pirates, while you shoot them in the face.....

Then take their shit....

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I think we have all decided for you, definetly a pontoon with a stripper pole.... Plus your old lady needs to have one stripper friend, that’s a rule and you take her with you....
    Stripper friend....check

A stripper pole will be a harder sell if she reacts the way she did when I suggested installing one in our bedroom

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    I appreciate all of the contributions here.

Gabe I'm on the same page with you on the 3 S rules (or whatever they are called) - they apply here as much as anywhere else.

I'm definitely there for fun with my kids and the...eh...view. I'm blessed to have a sexy AF wife with sexy friends...last year's in-ground pool has already paid for itself multiple times over and I'm expecting a repeat performance on our boat.

But ya know, I like guns and I want to integrate them in our waterborne activities.

My daily carry is a G19 RMR. I typically also have my PDW brace and either a 10.5 inch 5.56 or 8.5 inch .300 BO in a bag in car, along with other goodies.

I'm totally on board (forgive the pun) with just using those and carrying that bag on the boat, but I do have questions about being so close to / on the water.

Are these weapons going to be exposed to more moisture on a boat than normal (assumed: yes)? And if so, are some weapon materials more resilient to to those conditions than others (also assumed: yes)? Or do I just need to give any guns carried (especially, carried openly) on a boat a little love after an outing?

If I intend to keep dedicated weapons on the boat (say, a dedicated 12 GA shotgun) would I need to do anything proactive to keep it in ship shape (damn it again with the boat puns)?

A braced PGO shotgun definitely sounds fitting here.....really liking that recommendation Brent!
    Going to be a higher humidity on the water. If storing on the boat I would use a dry bag with some dessicant to keep moisture out of the bag and check it before going out. If mag fed check the ammo too. Don't want corrosion on the mag or rounds to gunk things up. After getting back on land wipe the daily carry stuff down including mags and ammo. Water can work quickly.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Stripper friend....check

A stripper pole will be a harder sell if she reacts the way she did when I suggested installing one in our bedroom
    You can’t ask, just got to do it....

General observations:
    Most guns sink like a steel wt. So keep that in mind and maybe a lanyard for you side arm.

On larger rivers your worse threat will be from drunken idiots.
    Guns are only one way of dealing with water moccasins. Do not be the idiot that fired six holes in his boat trying to kill what he thought was a water moccasin.
    I think as others here, get a maritime shotgun with 18 inch barrel and a folding stock. keep it in a floating case that is secured to the boat. 14" barrel Pistol gripped shotguns are also good.

What ever you carry make sure it will pass what ever the legal scrutiny is for your area. This may include game laws as well state and federal organizations. We have marine police in Florida they may want to look relative to safety at your boat, even on a river.
    For rifles one can ground the boat on the shore for a more stable pattern. Be aware when in more isolated stretches that venturing into the shore might land you where someone is growing pot or cooking meth.

Your life preserver is more apt to be needed to save your life than will be your gun.

Stripper friend....check

Strippers are boring. Fetish models are better.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Strippers are boring. Fetish models are better.
    Damn... This is getting black beard... Making me want a boat....