Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I smell an article video....CZ75 vs BHP.
    Would be interesting. I think one of the driving factors with the SA Hi Power (myself included) is the nostalgia behind it. The CZ-75 Compact however, has always interested me. The Compact's size/dimensions are very close to the Glock-19 which I find to be ideal for every day.

One of these new ones would be cool. I have to agree with Gabe about keeping the BHP lines.

I have a Belgian made one that was purchased by Argentina before they started making their own. I pulled out the mag disconnect and the trigger is so much better.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I smell an article video....CZ75 vs BHP.
    I’d love to be involved in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor
    Texas LTC Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.

Got to handle one very briefly and try the trigger pull. Didn't feel much better than the original trigger. I attribute that to being new, un lubed and that matte blue finish.
    No, didn't have time to play with the safety lever or really get into tightness of fitting.
    Mainly because I had no intention of buying one yet. Not saying no but not interested in the base model.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEd63 View Post
    Not saying no but not interested in the base model.
    Is SA hinting at other models?

The immediate change I'd make to the base model is to ditch the rear sight in favor of one that didn't crowd the top back of the slide.

My druthers would be limited to a tough forged aluminum frame and a reversible if not ambidextrous safety.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Is SA the manufacturer or is this the same as the XD? Imported with their name /branding.
    Wasn't the XD made(maybe still is) in Turkey?

Quote Originally Posted by red-it View Post
    Is SA the manufacturer or is this the same as the XD? Imported with their name /branding.
    XD was orignally the HS2000 made in Croatia.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

As opposed to some comments, I only want a base model, not one that someone at Springfield thinks I want. Mine will go to one of the best, if not the best, shop for 1911s and BHPs, Novak's.

Quote Originally Posted by red-it View Post
    as was said, Croatia and I believe they still are.

Sorry, I just am not buying that SA will be making that pistol in the US from only US sourced parts and selling it at that price. It is a lot of money to risk to try to resurrect a pistol whose heyday was 50 years ago. It also doesn't fit SA's business model of putting their name on imported guns.

If the whole thing isn't imported, I would be completely shocked if the frame and slide did not come from Turkey, either rough or finished. My bet is they add enough value to a pistol made from imported parts to classify it as US made.

The LKCI Regent clone from Turkey is a fine pistol. If you can find one.
    Repetition is not truth.

"Hope is not a method and wishes are not plans."
    Gen. Carl Vuono, USA

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist."
    Charles Baudelaire

KRG, SUT, PSP, RG

Quote Originally Posted by DC950 View Post
    as was said, Croatia and I believe they still are.

Sorry, I just am not buying that SA will be making that pistol in the US from only US sourced parts and selling it at that price. It is a lot of money to risk to try to resurrect a pistol whose heyday was 50 years ago. It also doesn't fit SA's business model of putting their name on imported guns.

If the whole thing isn't imported, I would be completely shocked if the frame and slide did not come from Turkey, either rough or finished. My bet is they add enough value to a pistol made from imported parts to classify it as US made.

The LKCI Regent clone from Turkey is a fine pistol. If you can find one.

I agree. Anything made in the USA...if it is adequate...will be at least three times the price of the same exact thing made overseas. That said...other than our ARs...I don't think I own a US made pistol...oh wait...the S&W 642
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters