Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I just saw a video for this on YouTube. I came here to spread the news, but looks like somebody beat me to the punch. Heh. I haven’t been this excited about a gun in years. Might even have to break my own rule about buying newly released guns for this one, and just hope it works out. The P35 is one of my favorite pistols of all time, and originals are stupid expensive. Oh hell yes I’m buying one of these.
    - I am not in danger. I AM the danger.

- Keep your rifle by your side.

Yep I will get one. Hi powers always fit great in the hand , this one can sit beside grand pappys 1911, my all steel eaa in 10mm (to fix my bren ten itch). While Im sure it will still require a little stoning , it looks like most of the work you would send it to cylinder and slide for is already done.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

It sure looks like an excellent pistol that just like a lot of other excellent guns that would good on the range or to display to my friends.
    Made in the U.S.A., the SA-35 features rugged forged steel parts for strength and durability, improved ergonomics and enhanced controls, modern sights, an improved feed ramp design, and an increased 15-round capacity. Configured without a magazine disconnect for a drop free magazine the SA-35 features a factory-tuned trigger with a smooth pull and crisp, clean break.
    For EDC it would not displace my G19 and EDC is what I mostly care about these days relative to 9mm and 40 cal pistols. There are some pistols out there that I am looking at for EDC that are glock like, but with much better triggers and that is where I would go for another 9mm.
    I have my muscle memory these days based on the glock manual of arms.
    This is quite evident also to long guns. Just switching from the AK to the AR for me has required getting rewired for muscle memory for the mag release and the safety. I have my limitations and must learn to live within in them.
    For me best to concentrate on a manual of arms for pistol and one for rifle and stick to those systems. Glocks can be had from 380 to 10mm that covers most defensive needs and the only other system that does that is the 1911 platform. ARs go from .22 lr to 308 and even more powerful. Also a most adaptable system.

Quote Originally Posted by cco45acp View Post
    Like a Glock but made for the human hand.

I have never fired a pistol that fit my hand better than a Hi Power nor carried a full size pistol that concealed better than a Hi Power.

Can it be milled for a MRDS?
    This was my first thought as well,im sure we'll get answer from someone here.

Best I could find quickly, some outfit in NV.

bhprds.jpg

Short answer is yes. But remember how narrow that slide is.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Best I could find quickly, some outfit in NV.

bhprds.jpg

Short answer is yes. But remember how narrow that slide is.
    considering our history with that optic, i will say that you are far better off with a holosun 407/507k, which will use the same footprint, but with a robust optic. the nice thing is on a high power, there's nothing to block the milling, i may even see if we can mill it to depth so the sights from springfield will cowitness, idk, depends on how popular it actually is, im not looking to dump a bunch of time in to taking measurements and prints to do a couple and i really don't think folks would be willing to pay $300 for milling

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Not the best sectional view, and it does incorporate the SFS, but you can see the slide is 1911ish except for that rocking sear bar, and there are no safety plungers or vertical spring tunnels to complicate matters:

bhpsectional.jpg
    Last edited by Papa; 10-26-2021 at 09:13 AM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

I'll buy the first one I see. I owned an Argentine copy once and it was FANTASTIC. That was before I went to polymer guns, I sold it and I really miss it.

Just going to second the recommendation for the Holosun 507k.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Not the best sectional view, and it does incorporate the SFS, but you can see the slide is 1911ish except for that rocking sear bar, and there are no safety plungers or vertical spring tunnels to complicate matters:
    In the mid-80"s Browning/FN incorporated the firing pin safety plunger, that is common today, in their Hi-Powers. None of the info/videos that I've found on the internet as of yet (all are pretty much infomercials) address this. My guess: SA will continue this feature.

Edited: No firing pin safety.
    Last edited by Cacti Rat; 10-26-2021 at 02:37 PM.