Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    any business that requires i hand them my license so they can take down info for buying anything other than guns in their store doesn't get my business
    Idk how they operate, they used to send stuff before all the drama out here... I only bought shit there once but it was through a buddys ffl.... Maybe they card you bro because you look young...:)
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    The biggest problem is military went to private contractors for ammo manufacturing.... They are using up all the stuff that is in our bullets....
    The stuff in our bullets is the same stuff in their bullets.

They're called "commodities", and there's only so much capacity for digging base metals out of the ground and refining them into brass, copper and lead. Ditto with other components. It wouldn't matter whether the military had their own ammunitions plant or not, they'd still be buying the base material in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    The biggest problem is military went to private contractors for ammo manufacturing.... They are using up all the stuff that is in our bullets....
    There is the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant that does make most of the small arms ammo that the DOD needs. But it does not supply the diverse federal agencies that also have ammo needs. The LCAAP is operated for the military by a private contractor. The factory is the property of the DoD.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOblivion View Post
    The stuff in our bullets is the same stuff in their bullets.

They're called "commodities", and there's only so much capacity for digging base metals out of the ground and refining them into brass, copper and lead. Ditto with other components. It wouldn't matter whether the military had their own ammunitions plant or not, they'd still be buying the base material in bulk.
    And of course over the past 10+ years the EPA has managed to pretty much eliminate all of our capacity to mine lead here, so we have to get it shipped in. I think the others as well but am not sure if we still have some copper and zinc mining here. It's astounding how much an agency like the EPA has been allowed to work against our national interests like that.
    Last edited by Yondering; 10-27-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Update from Remington

Was out at Green Top a few days ago and they had plenty of 5.56 and .308 ammo. Even managed to pick up some PMC bronze .45. Plenty of 9mm, but not much .45. I was looking for 6.5cm brass, but had no luck. Fortunately, I picked up 100 cases from a friend. Made an effort to reload every piece of brass I had and finished up last week. Had a 40 lb. kitty litter bucket full of 5.56 brass. That took a while. Even managed to load some 30-06 for the Garand. I paid $26/box for the .45 which, considering the state of things, wasn’t too bad. Wish there were more reloading components available, but they trickle in.

There is some very positive talk of a new major ammunition plant being set up in the USA by 2023 to make steel case ammo by PSA. Eventually they do plan to make 9x19 steel case, but will first make X39 rifle calibers for the AK. The 9mm could be useful to those here since glocks eat steel case and even if the steel case x39 is not so popular here, it would be a good thing since there are other americans needing it for the vast quantity combloc of weapons that use it. South Carolina is said to be the future location. I would be more confident of it being real once I see some foundations being laid and buildings going up.
    This lady has some of the available public details.
    PS, Primers would be available also is the talk

Barnett...I live in Columbia, SC and PSA not long ago bought a huge warehouse size building in the industrial park at the airport. That may explain the purpose. I had thought it was for more weapons manufacture, but now I think maybe it could be for ammo manufacture. PSA has another large manufacturing plant nearby and about 8 miles from this new building. I knew nothing about the new building till one day driving by...I saw a PSA hiring sign and drove in to discover the building being refurbished, (another large company moved out/bankrupt and they probably got a good deal on it). Columbia also has a huge FN manufacturing plant. I got a tour a few years back as part of my job before I retired. High security. If a person wanted a job in weapons manufacture/machine work...both companies are always advertising for new employees. I wander into the main PSA store all the time.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    There is some very positive talk of a new major ammunition plant being set up in the USA by 2023 to make steel case ammo by PSA.]
    Remember a couple months ago when the internet pundits were wringing their hands over the ban of Russian ammo? Well, the market is adjusting. Despite Russian 7.62x39 still available at decent prices (for cheap shit ammo), distributors quickly added Russian calibers to their inventory from places like Serbia and the Czech Republic. If you're into AK's or Mosin Nagant's, you should have no problems feeding them despite a Russian ammo ban.

If PSA can pull it off, great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacti Rat View Post
    Remember a couple months ago when the internet pundits were wringing their hands over the ban of Russian ammo? ...
    If PSA can pull it off, great.
    Yep. And yep.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20