Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm hoping this supply chain shit storm results in the return of more local businesses. The offshore stream lined, efficient, volume based, corporate monopoly model isn't in the best interest of Americans.
    Paul

The greatest threat to America is the “Sleeping Giant” not waking up,

I have seen most calibers in stores IF you wanted to pay the price. I have not seen 45 ACP and no one has shotgun slugs/sabot slugs which are required for hunting in this stupid state. None on line either.
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    I have seen most calibers in stores IF you wanted to pay the price. I have not seen 45 ACP and no one has shotgun slugs/sabot slugs which are required for hunting in this stupid state. None on line either.
    SGAmmo for both, online today.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    I'm hoping this supply chain shit storm results in the return of more local businesses. The offshore stream lined, efficient, volume based, corporate monopoly model isn't in the best interest of Americans.
    If anything its going to kill them off. Where do you think they get their product from? How does it get to their stores? This supply chain problem has been going on for over a year and the media is just now picking up on it. Local businesses can't afford space on container ships and are constantly getting out bid. Only the largest companies like Walmart and Home Depot can afford to lease whole ships and cover the cost of air shipping to get around some of the problems. Even larger companies are getting outbid for ships by China trying to bring supplies in to their main land. Its a big reason why Trump was trying to get as many companies to come back to America as he could.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    Have you looked at how much of the reloading supply chain is made off shore?

A lot of the powder is made offshore in Australia,Israel, Czechoslovakia and other countries.

Wolf and Fiocchi primers come from overseas.

Even if domestic suppliers can produce it they still have to compete for limited truck space to get it to stores ca other higher profit per pound/CI.

it is going to be a long time before normality returns if it ever does.

A majority of the shooting community from fudds to serious is competitors got very comfortable with JIT delivery and “always being able to get product.

Thise who did not plan for the future are now suffering from lack of components and ammo.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    If anything its going to kill them off. Where do you think they get their product from? How does it get to their stores? This supply chain problem has been going on for over a year and the media is just now picking up on it. Local businesses can't afford space on container ships and are constantly getting out bid. Only the largest companies like Walmart and Home Depot can afford to lease whole ships and cover the cost of air shipping to get around some of the problems. Even larger companies are getting outbid for ships by China trying to bring supplies in to their main land. Its a big reason why Trump was trying to get as many companies to come back to America as he could.
    Yeah I agree with this. Its actually really bad for the "small guys" when it comes to supply shipments for reasons stated right now.
    The plandemic has been the single biggest wealth transfer that I've seen. People are just too stupid to realize it.. None of this is good news for local places.. Its gonna get worse before it gets better just IMHO..

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Jg has 223, I know guys don’t like them but they always seem to have shit.... I remember how much 5.45 they used to have... The Russians have to be pissed they are missing out on all these “shortages”....
    any business that requires i hand them my license so they can take down info for buying anything other than guns in their store doesn't get my business

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    SGAmmo for both, online today.

They do not have sabot slugs either
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Well, two outta three.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    They do not have sabot slugs either
    Try ammoseek at the link below. It is for slugs but does include some sort of sabots. You be judge if this will help you.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/12-gauge?ss=slug
    There were three hits on the item below.

Sterling Big Game 12 Gauge 2.75" 1-1/16 oz Saboted Double Slug (Case) $234.50 $1.17 / rd

• Just in Case Ammo

Hope it helps and good luck with your hunting this year.