Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I too remember the 3000. Best pump gun ever made; far better than the Rem. 870. They cured all of the issues with the 870, and forced Remington to finally address the problem of a shell jamming under the bolt. The 3000 design of the shell stops was far better than the Reminginton staked-in stamped metal ones (one of the constant issues). My department in WY had a bad batch of 870s, and we switched to the 3000. Too bad S&W sold it to Mossberg, who bought it just to take it off the market.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLawman View Post
    I too remember the 3000. Best pump gun ever made; far better than the Rem. 870. They cured all of the issues with the 870, and forced Remington to finally address the problem of a shell jamming under the bolt. The 3000 design of the shell stops was far better than the Remington staked-in stamped metal ones (one of the constant issues). My department in WY had a bad batch of 870s, and we switched to the 3000. Too bad S&W sold it to Mossberg, who bought it just to take it off the market.
    There was a certain level of prejudice against it because it was made in Japan, home of such inferior products as the Nambu LMGs, the A6M2, and Honda motorcycles.

At least it led to the Flexitab.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

Thank you. I was trying to remember the reasons why the 3000 went away.
    Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez

War is not moral...fighting of any sort, is not moral. It is about killing the adversary. So here is the rule. Do what you need to do to win...have a ready explanation to justify it according to whatever rules you are supposed to be playing with...work only with people you can trust or work alone...then stick to your story and keep your mouth shut.