Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Before this news came out, a local shop enticed me to try out this new S&W bullpup. To say it is very clunky to operate and to reload is a massive understatement. I passed on taking it to the live fire range. This news release leaves me with no regrets passing on this monstrosity.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

It looks like a piece of shit from the picture....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

I decided Smith & Wesson were junk guns when they came out with the Sigma.

Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post
    I decided Smith & Wesson were junk guns when they came out with the Sigma.
    My opinion of the one that I use on my place is that I have never had a more reliable gun that I carry daily when I work on my place. What is wrong with it is the trigger pull and the plastic trigger. Other wise the gun is accurate and always goes bang. Four days ago I shot the head off of a water moccasin that was crawling near my dog kennel.
    Gun during the warmer months in NWFL is soaked in sweat and I go months with out cleaning or lubing it. So carry it wet and put it away wet and yet it goes bang when needed. Been doing that for about 16 yrs with it. It has rust on it including the stainless steel slide.
    S&W does not make good shotguns. My smith revolvers are all high quality. My model 41 .22 target pistol is also top notch. The sigma 9mm not in the same league but it goes bang and hits to point of aim and for my purposes the heavy trigger is safer. I am wearing that sigma in a bandolier holster at 11:15 PM CST as I type this.
    Off my place I carry a G19 with RMR and SI trigger parts in it.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    My opinion of the one that I use on my place is that I have never had a more reliable gun that I carry daily when I work on my place. What is wrong with it is the trigger pull and the plastic trigger. Other wise the gun is accurate and always goes bang. Four days ago I shot the head off of a water moccasin that was crawling near my dog kennel.
    Gun during the warmer months in NWFL is soaked in sweat and I go months with out cleaning or lubing it. So carry it wet and put it away wet and yet it goes bang when needed. Been doing that for about 16 yrs with it. It has rust on it including the stainless steel slide.
    S&W does not make good shotguns. My smith revolvers are all high quality. My model 41 .22 target pistol is also top notch. The sigma 9mm not in the same league but it goes bang and hits to point of aim and for my purposes the heavy trigger is safer. I am wearing that sigma in a bandolier holster at 11:15 PM CST as I type this.
    Off my place I carry a G19 with RMR and SI trigger parts in it.
    It sounds like you were one of the fortunate few to get a Sigma with a decent barrel. I was working in the industry back when they came out and we sent 90% of them back to the factory for new barrels.

I feel like an old fart saying this, but S&W should stick to double action revolvers and shotguns are already pretty well sorted out. The tube mag fed pumps and semi autos are all well established technology. The big differences boil down to budget. The Kel Tec configuration isn't better than an 1100 or a Benelli. I get the idea of "more capacity and more compact is more better" but a shotgun isn't an AR. (I could swear Gabe wrote about that.....)

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    I feel like an old fart saying this, but S&W should stick to double action revolvers and shotguns are already pretty well sorted out. The tube mag fed pumps and semi autos are all well established technology. The big differences boil down to budget. The Kel Tec configuration isn't better than an 1100 or a Benelli. I get the idea of "more capacity and more compact is more better" but a shotgun isn't an AR. (I could swear Gabe wrote about that.....)
    Same thing I felt with Remington. I looked through there line of rifles a year or two ago and I was like wtf are they doing.... Who’s going to buy all this stupid shit.... Nothing is too big to fail, I learned that back in 2012...

I will add, you can’t knock a guy trying to innovate.... But going backwards is not the idea...