Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NWFL
    Posts
    16,575
    Chris Killoy, CEO and President of Ruger, talks with Gun Talk’s Tom Gresham about the first Marlin rifle that will be released under Ruger this year, and others coming soon. Ruger purchased the Marlin product assets, intellectual property and designs, machinery, and raw materials in 2020, and has been setting up the new operation at their Mayodan, NC factory.


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    590
    I going to guess these will be much better than the crap marlins Remington turned out. When I got my Remlin 45-70 I had to literally go through about 10 rifles in the store before I found one that was put together correctly and functioned and even then the checkering on the forend looked like it was done with a lawn mower or they just let a dog chew on it for awhile. The action was very rough but fixable on my own.

    I have a couple of pre-Remington Marlins that are very nicely made and finished.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NWFL
    Posts
    16,575
    Quote Originally Posted by valian View Post
    I going to guess these will be much better than the crap marlins Remington turned out. When I got my Remlin 45-70 I had to literally go through about 10 rifles in the store before I found one that was put together correctly and functioned and even then the checkering on the forend looked like it was done with a lawn mower or they just let a dog chew on it for awhile. The action was very rough but fixable on my own.

    I have a couple of pre-Remington Marlins that are very nicely made and finished.
    The fact that they are using forgings is good to hear. Ruger is a gun making company with a proven record compared to what bought out and ruined remington. Now ruger also has the right and perhaps the package needed to make the marlin 60, the most manufactured sporting .22 in the USA and ruger makes the 10/22 so now they can compete with themselves in the field of .22s.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Third Coast
    Posts
    4,678
    Im trying to think of a Ruger Ive owned that didnt work......... nope they have all worked VERY well. Machining a little rough sometimes, blocky design usually, triggers were ok, but always ran well. This bodes well for the lever line.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

    I'm not in the business of Losing

    A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Im trying to think of a Ruger Ive owned that didnt work......... nope they have all worked VERY well. Machining a little rough sometimes, blocky design usually, triggers were ok, but always ran well. This bodes well for the lever line.
    I have their LCPII in 22lr that is iffy. I really wantes to carry it as a back pocket pistol for the lolz, but alas....

    Probably just needs to be really clean, properly lubed, and with a specific round. Idk, what can you expect from tiny 22's?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NW Ohio but Montana is always home.
    Posts
    133
    have their LCPII in 22lr that is iffy. I really wantes to carry it as a back pocket pistol for the lolz, but alas....

    Probably just needs to be really clean, properly lubed, and with a specific round. Idk, what can you expect from tiny 22's?
    I wonder if that is the rimfire ignition causing problems. (even high quality rimfire can be problematic). I have the LCP II in 380 & it has been stellar.

    I have to agree with coastalcop about the Rugers' I've owned. The only issue I've encountered was a Super Redhawk in 454 Casull that was out of time. Rugers' CS was excellent though. I had it back in hand in under two weeks & the issue was fixed.
    Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil,
    be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister,
    an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-3 View Post
    I wonder if that is the rimfire ignition causing problems. (even high quality rimfire can be problematic). I have the LCP II in 380 & it has been stellar.
    I have beretta m9 22lr that is fucking awesome. I dont think it has ever misfired.

    Is the 380 the same exact-ish size of the 22lr?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NW Ohio but Montana is always home.
    Posts
    133
    I've never handled the .22 version but it appears they are the same size. I've never read where Ruger "downsized" the frame or slide for the .22.
    Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil,
    be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister,
    an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NWFL
    Posts
    16,575
    Originally Posted by Delta-3
    I wonder if that is the rimfire ignition causing problems. (even high quality rimfire can be problematic). I have the LCP II in 380 & it has been stellar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Taylor View Post
    I have beretta m9 22lr that is fucking awesome. I dont think it has ever misfired.

    Is the 380 the same exact-ish size of the 22lr?
    I am currently shooting a lot of run of mill .22- Aguila and federal and every so often there is a misfire.

    At the factory level the placement of the priming disc into a small .22 case is subject to error and that accounts for some of the dud rounds. Sometime reinserting the misfire and rotating it 180 degrees will fire on the second try and other times not.
    I could see a smaller pistol not having a powerful enough striker or hammer. But even a 10/22 rifle will at time times fail to fire. Of course if the gun is dirty, failure to fires are more frequent.
    The original henry rifle by Winchester had a two pronged firing pin for more reliable ignition of its .44 rimfire ammunition.
    The rimfire ignition problem is one reason the .25 ACP is preferred for the self defense over the .22 rimfire in small pistols.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    earth, temporarily.
    Posts
    2,493
    I hope Ruger doesn't replace the wood with plastic.
    DPS
    PSP
    CRG
    KRG
    0-5
    TASI
    APSP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •