Default Census-American Community Survey information

Anyone familiar with this invasive f'ng thing? They keep sending it to me and now a dude showed up at my house trying to get me to complete it.
    "Life is too short to surround yourself with sissified men or domineering women who disagree with your views of life." Gabe Suarez

Lol.... I got a text. I thought it was bullshit...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

This dude came through my gate walked down my driveway about 200 or so feet and starts beating on my door. Needless to say he didn't get a friendly welcome...I told him he shouldnt come through my gate..he started fumbling around and brought out his gov't id card saying that it gives him that right...I have SIX Dogo Argentino's that luckily for his dumb ass were kenneled and eating in the back..
    "Life is too short to surround yourself with sissified men or domineering women who disagree with your views of life." Gabe Suarez

If you ignore them, they go away. Had one stand at my gate while I was mowing the grass and after fifteen minutes of trying to get my attention they finally wandered off. Never so much as took my earmuffs off.

Quote Originally Posted by M_P_E View Post
    If you ignore them, they go away. Had one stand at my gate while I was mowing the grass and after fifteen minutes of trying to get my attention they finally wandered off. Never so much as took my earmuffs off.
    I am going to put a lock on the gate this evening so if they want to come in they will have to actually crawl over the gate. And to reiterate I live out in the sticks...amazing. I wonder if they get paid by each person they badger into getting this POS filled out.

For those not familiar with it..here is an excerpt from an article on Clark Howard's website on what the survey contains

Social

• Ancestry
    • Citizenship status
    • Disability status
    • Educational attainment
    • Fertility
    • Grandparents as caregivers
    • Language spoken at home
    • Marital history
    • Marital status
    • Migration/Residence 1 year ago
    • Place of birth
    • School enrollment
    • Undergraduate field of degree
    • Veteran status; period of military service
    • Year of entry

Economic

• Class of worker
    • Commuting (journey to work) and place of work
    • Employment status
    • Food stamps/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
    • Health insurance coverage
    • Income and earnings
    • Industry and occupation
    • Poverty status
    • Work status last year

Housing

• Bedrooms
    • Computer and Internet use
    • House heating fuel
    • Kitchen facilities
    • Occupancy/vacancy status
    • Occupants per room
    • Plumbing facilities
    • Rent
    • Rooms
    • Selected monthly owner costs
    • Telephone service available
    • Tenure (owner/renter)
    • Units in structure
    • Value of home
    • Vehicles available
    • Year householder moved into unit
    • Year structure built

Demographic

• Age; Sex
    • Group quarters population
    • Hispanic or Latino origin
    • Race
    • Relationship to householder
    • Total population

When digging a little deeper, we found the questions below in a sample questionnaire that the Census Bureau makes available. (Block letters and italics left intact from the original source.)
    Economic

• How did this person usually get to work LAST WEEK?
    • How many people, including this person, usually rode to work in the car, truck, or van LAST WEEK?
    • What time did this person usually leave home to go to work LAST WEEK?

Housing

• How many separate rooms are in this house, apartment, or mobile home?
    • How much is the regular monthly mortgage payment on THIS property?
    • Does this house, apartment or mobile home have –
      • a. hot and cold running water?
      • b. a bathtub or shower?
      • c. a sink with a faucet?
      • d. a stove or range?
      • e. a refrigerator?
      • f. telephone service from which you can both make and receive calls? Include cell phones.

Remember, those are just a couple stray questions from two categories!
    Last edited by tomcatg; 10-14-2021 at 04:13 AM.

"X number of people live here. That is all the Constitution requires me to answer." Follow that with a door slamming in their face. That worked for me.

GOOD GRIEF, why do they need all that information? That is OBSCENE!

Also, I looked this thing up and found information on the Census website, including an FAQ section that purports to explain that response is required by law. Couple statutory sections are linked in that portion of the website—looked at them. They're statutes on criminal penalties and sentencing generally. Nothing that proves this is required. Either royal incompetence or pure bluffing got those sentencing provisions linked to show response is required. Prithee, blow away, O surveyors.

From what I understand, only the actual census is required. The rest is simply the government being more nosey than they normally are.

Let us not forget a mention of the over-arching arrogance that they want to compel you to spend your time on this bull, rather than compensating you for your wasted time. Lots of people might be willing to answer those questions for a fast fifty bucks.

Not seeing a lot of difference between this and mandatory work assignments in the "community gardens". I shouldn't give them any ideas. Oh, wait, they probably already got the idea from the Khymer Rouge.

is it anooying fuck yes, but its something thats been around long before my time. the old breed used to get hats and actually wear them saying "Census 19XX". that being said my neighbor is typically only around a few times a year and this fuckwit in a prius decided to use my driveway to ask what his schedule is so that he can complete the census. simply told him i dont know but if he finds a prius parked in his driveway, hes gonna put his winch on it and drag it out to the middle of the road with or without him sitting in it. havent seen the little soy turd since

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI