Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for all the suggestions, folks. Figured I'd post an update, now that things have progressed a little. Pursuant to Papa's suggestion, I had my wife call the non-emergency line to give a suspicious stalker report; when the dispatcher heard that the dude had approached her, she immediately sent out an officer to take a statement in person (I thought sending an officer out physically was unnecessary, but I'm guessing that's their policy). So, she gave the spiel, officer took some notes, and creeper dude saw them talking, so wife took the opportunity to point him out. That was yesterday, and I didn't see him around, when I got back later.

Today he was watching us when we got home from church, so I went over after my wife went inside and had a short, friendly conversation with the guy. Cracked up laughing when I got back home, because the guy was a pathetically bad liar, and plainly scared to death. Dude shifted his story several times and tried to tell me that women will just say things to make their men jealous, try to get in your head, whatever. I told him my wife's not concerned about making me jealous, and thought, "Bro, I promise you, she is not trying to use you to make me jealous—far from it."

So, I think he got the message. Something else happens, next talk won't be so friendly. I don't exactly look like a pisséd bodybuilder who can rip his arm off, but I projected some authority. We'll see what's next.

Nice. Most times it works out easy. But always good to have a plan for when things go the hard way.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." — Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." — Martin Luther

Good to hear.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

I was kinda hoping he had warrants.

Well played.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    I was kinda hoping he had warrants.

Well played.
    Ha! That would certainly have proved amusing. He might end up with one, if he doesn't take the hint (which I think he did).

Just be careful if you have to confront that guy in the future. If you push or touch him first he will call the police saying you assaulted him. If he is black your turkey will be cooked.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    Just be careful if you have to confront that guy in the future. If you push or touch him first he will call the police saying you assaulted him. If he is black your turkey will be cooked.
    Fortunately he isn't the latter, and if I have to deal with him later, I won't be making the first contact, if at all possible. Heh, if he were black, the first conversation probably wouldn't have gone the way it did—I would have been branded a racist, and that would have been that.