Default Aspiration and Inadvertant intravenous injections

"Aspiration is defined as the pulling back of the plunger of a syringe (for 510 seconds) prior to injecting medicine. If blood is withdrawn into the syringe, it is discarded."

The danger of not aspirating is that medicine or vaccine might be injected into a blood vessel and cause damage.

It used to be the standard medical practice to aspirate. Not anymore.

Those who exercise may have enhanced vasculature in the shoulder muscles and be at more risk for accidental injection into a blood vessel.

A couple of new and interesting videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBaIRm4610o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgVsd6qoyU4

I shoot Test twice a week and have hit blood vessel a couple of times. Usually when my marksmanship is off and I miss the ventral glute (LOL...old bastard couldn't even shoot himself in the ass...LOL). Look up ventral glute...learn to hit it...no more worries.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I shoot Test twice a week and have hit blood vessel a couple of times. Usually when my marksmanship is off and I miss the ventral glute (LOL...old bastard couldn't even shoot himself in the ass...LOL). Look up ventral glute...learn to hit it...no more worries.
    Thank you for that tip, I have been stabbing the tops of my thighs for this past year....
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

My wife joyously give me my T shot every week right in my ass cheek. Maybe she's a little TOO enthusiastic to poke something in my ass (cheek).

Seriously though she's gotten good at it. Hardly ever feel it.

Never had an issue with veins.

Shannon Hogan is offline Suarez International Affiliate - Salt Lake City
    I've done my testosterone injections via subcutaneous route for about two decades. No issue. I use 1 ml Luer Lock syringes with 27 ga needles as my preferred delivery system. Split doses.
    fulminis instar "Like thunderbolts, fast as lightning."
    Hogan Clan motto.

Using the fine needles most of us have for TRT injections, even if you did hit a small vein it’s highly likely you would not get any blood return anyway. Especially given that people tend to pull back too hard on the plunger which can collapse the vein contributing to the false negative. Do it if you want but I don’t bother.
    Choose your resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Hogan View Post
    I've done my testosterone injections via subcutaneous route for about two decades. No issue. I use 1 ml Luer Lock syringes with 27 ga needles as my preferred delivery system. Split doses.
    ‘I did sub q for a bit but I would always get skin irritation at the injection site lasting 3-4 days so I’m back to shallow IM with problems. Glad you don’t have that issue.
    Choose your resistance.