Default New Types of Uppers

We are looking to expand our line up of uppers here at Suarez now that parts are available for builds again. We are looking for feedback. What types of uppers? 10.5inch barrel, 16 inch, 18? CQB, multi purpose, rail types such a slim line or quad rail?
    NO KEYMOD. Gas system length. We are not looking to do piston guns, gas impingement only.

To me, there are so many cheap uppers out there, I like how SI focused on match grade barrels for better accuracy. A slim M-Lok will give users all kinds of choices. Full length pic rail on top is nice, but partial length is adequate for most roles. 300 BO in 8-10" and 5.56 in 11"-12" seems like a sweet spot with arm braces. 6.5 Grendel could be interesting as well.

A dedicated DMR upper with heavier, match grade barrel would be nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ryder View Post
    To me, there are so many cheap uppers out there, I like how SI focused on match grade barrels for better accuracy. A slim M-Lok will give users all kinds of choices. Full length pic rail on top is nice, but partial length is adequate for most roles. 300 BO in 8-10" and 5.56 in 11"-12" seems like a sweet spot with arm braces. 6.5 Grendel could be interesting as well.

THEIR ALREADY IS A DEDICATED DMR UPPERS UP, UTILIZING AN SPR PROFILE BARREL.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ryder View Post

We are going to stay with the two main calibers right now. 5.56mm and 300 blackout but may expand into .308 win later depending on what the demand for uppers is we will try to cater as well as we can. 6.5 Grendel is too much of a niche market right now.

Something as confidence and awe inspiring as the white oak barreled pistols of years past.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Lightweight, I'm getting old.
    Lighter is better. Barrel technology is improving to the point where heavier barrels are just not worth the extra weight. 10.5" or 14.5"

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    Something as confidence and awe inspiring as the white oak barreled pistols of years past.
    Quote Originally Posted by USN-PO2 View Post
    Lightweight, I'm getting old.
    Lighter is better. Barrel technology is improving to the point where heavier barrels are just not worth the extra weight. 10.5" or 14.5"
    Something along these lines.
    Precision accuracy and quality in a lightweight package.
    I personally wouldn't screw around with the flooded 16"bbl market.
    Whatever the sweet spot length is for the .300BO ?8.5"?
    For the ,5.56NATO 10.5" And maybe just maybe a 14.5 with a good combo diverter brake & flash hider P&W'ed for those who want to make length but still circumcise an inch. Not sure if the later is worth the effort nor wouldn't be offended if it got the axe.
    Last edited by BigEd63; 09-25-2021 at 04:37 PM.

I may be looking for superlight and compact. i want corrosion resistance for the bore for if it gets rode hard and has to be put away wet for clandestine reasons. This is just my want and I am pretty much reconciling myself to assembling such an upper on my own. But I could be tempted to purchase such an upper if one is offered. Sub-moa?, well MOA will fulfill my mission. The most accurate chrome molly barrels are not coated, but makes them susceptible to rusting. I live in a humid environment. calibers, anything that is common: 5.56, 300 bo, 6.5 g, and 7.62x39.