Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Noladishu, Karjakistan (aka New Orleans, LA)
    Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    as a drop in if you are out in the boonies its not a bad piece of kit.
    I like the sound of that
    "Mindset without skill is simply empty defiance, and skill without mindset is mere martial posturing." -GS

RP 1085

I just got mine today. 20 minutes ago I removed the BCG out of an AR rifle and inserted the CMMG BCG with original bolt handle. Put a cleaning rod down to make sure the barrel was clear. Took one magazine and loaded 5 HV Browning brand of 36 grain hollow points. stepped out on the porch and point at the ground, all five as fast as I could put the trigger. It locks upon on the extending red plastic follower of the mag. Later on I will really wring it out.
    I need to check the firing pin see if it protrudes enough enough to ding the chamber and check other little things about it. Looks like the chamber insert is the most fragile part of the unit.
    Too bad it is not offered in 300 black out. Just need to make a longer chamber insert that is rifled for a few inches.

Excellent beginning

I did a brief range test yesterday and unit worked 100%
    One can easily load by hand the first 10 rounds into the magazine for any type of .22 lr
    To get more in seems to be more difficult with some bullet profiles. I need to do more shooting to be sure

A magazine loader seems to be generally recommended. CMMG sells the unit from McFadden Machine and it was out of stock so I ordered directly from that company. I did first ck with SI to see it was listed and then went to McFadden
    must order: Lightnin' Grip Loader (Adapters sold Separately) LOADER DOES NOT WORK WITHOUT AN ADAPTER! I also ordered the
    AR15-22AdapterOnly (#2) AR 15/22 Conv. / CMMG /
    . With shipping was $40.

I just found out that Remington golden 36 grain HV HP is too fragile to feed through my kit. Feeding from the magazine up the feed ramp distorts the overall profile and it will not chamber. Shame since I have several 1,000 rounds of it purchased a few years ago. Well I have other ammo bands and will see how it does. Older federal automatch seems to function very well. With every oiling maybe the rem golden bullets would work.
    Now that prices are coming down is the time buy spare uppers and BCGs because these may require serial numbers and have to go through an FFL if the proposed rule changes come to be. Might be a good idea for me to follow my own advice here.